PDA

View Full Version : After Christmas EBay?

Wannabeoldschool
12-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Is there an influx of baseball cards on eBay after the Christmas holiday? If I see something now, should I wait till after the holiday to maybe pick it up at a cheaper price?

Thanks!

brian1961
12-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Depends on what it is.

If it's common, "dime-a-dozen" stuff, modern or vintage, it will probably still be there. If it's very desirable, and priced to the moon, it will likely still be there for all to see.

If you spot something vintage, beautiful, and scarce, and priced cheap or even a little high, you had best not wait 'til after Christmas 'cause it will probably get sold beforehand. People are buying like crazy at the moment. ---Brian Powell

JustinD
12-03-2016, 02:17 PM
I personally barely buy anything for myself after halloween due to costs of buying for others cutting into my liquid funds. I don't know if that's an anomaly or more common.

Ebay seems to be a little dead in early January and then a quick lead into the "my tax return cash is burning a hole in my pocket" spree that seems to happen to a bunch of people shortly after. I used list a ton in February and March when I was more into selling and it always sold well and high.