PDA

View Full Version : RMY Auctions for December has posted

bwbc917
12-01-2016, 08:27 AM
RMY has posted a most impressive range of photos in their latest auction. There are iconic photos, loads of Hall of Famers and for crazy collectors like myself: a wonderful array of no-names. A major shout out to the guys on a job well done.

prewarsports
12-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Ends tonight

Still plenty of time to register and bid.

www.RMYAuctions.com

Justus
12-10-2016, 02:29 PM
I found something I'd like to bid on. I registered but it says it will take up to 72 hours to activate my account for bidding.

Any help prewarsports?

irv
12-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Wow, those are some great pictures!

Bpm0014
12-11-2016, 12:54 AM
Now that it's over, one of the greatest (if not the greatest) single collection of sports photographs in recent years. Unbelievable.

Snapolit1
12-11-2016, 07:20 AM
Agreed. Is it my imagination that if some of RMY's top end photos were being sold at Christie's they would be selling for twice or three times as much? Stunning collection of photos and a really well run auction house.

sforaker
12-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Yes, it is your imagination. There were some nice photos in RMY, RMY is a class act and congrats on your pick ups. However, the prices were generally strong to fair for the higher end RMY photos and these photos do not compare to the high end photos in Christie's.

Snapolit1
12-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Yes, it is your imagination. There were some nice photos in RMY, RMY is a class act and congrats on your pick ups. However, the prices were generally strong to fair for the higher end RMY photos and these photos do not compare to the high end photos in Christie's.

I don't recall any Conlon's selling at the recent Christie's auction for $4K. More like $15K. Maybe you are right that they don't compare.

sforaker
12-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Right Steve, the Conlon Cobb in RMY does not compare to the Conlon photos in Christie's.

Kawika
12-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Christie's and RMY, apples and oranges. The condition of Rhys' stuff, or is it Rhett's, is sometimes a tad shopworn but there was a mega-essload of fantastic images on the block last night. I thought the prices realized were exceptionally strong - as the evening wore on I kept bailing on lots I fancied. I hung in on this killer; although it ate my auction budget I'm a happy camper.

Leon
12-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Spectacular photo.

Christies and RMY, apples and oranges. The condition of Rhys' stuff, or is it Rhett's, is sometimes a tad shopworn but there was a mega-essload of fantastic images on the block last night. I thought the prices realized were exceptionally strong - as the evening wore on I kept bailing on lots I fancied. I hung in on this killer; although it ate my auction budget I'm a happy camper.

sforaker
12-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Nice Ruth photo, David! Congrats.

Snapolit1
12-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Amazing photo. I bought this one and was pleasantly surprised at the final hammer.

sforaker
12-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Great photo, Steve, congrats.

ruth-gehrig
12-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Great photos guys! I was hoping some members would land some of the higher end photos from this latest auction. Really great stuff!

Kawika
12-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Simply outstanding picture of Dizzy Dean. He makes pitching look easy. Whilst perusing the auction's 12 zillion lots I must have overlooked it. Jealous in Victoria.

benchod
12-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Great looking Ruth, David
Congrats

rhettyeakley
12-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Agreed. Is it my imagination that if some of RMY's top end photos were being sold at Christie's they would be selling for twice or three times as much? Stunning collection of photos and a really well run auction house.

Christie's and RMY, apples and oranges. The condition of Rhys' stuff, or is it Rhett's, is sometimes a tad shopworn but there was a mega-essload of fantastic images on the block last night. I thought the prices realized were exceptionally strong - as the evening wore on I kept bailing on lots I fancied. I hung in on this killer; although it ate my auction budget I'm a happy camper.

David, it is Rhys (not Rhett) that is the principal at RMY Auctions. My parents still get us confused so you are in good company :)

I can understand where you guys are coming from when you look at the results. RMY Auctions deals almost entirely in photographs and doesn't have the luxury of whittling down the given photos in each auction to perhaps the 10-20 absolute best pieces like another larger auction house can. As a result it can appear like the items overall are a little more "shop worn" but don't forget that when a photo is of premium quality the piece speaks for itself and will sell for a great price...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/famous-charles-conlon-ty-cobb-photo-hits-auction-block/

Snapolit1
12-11-2016, 06:19 PM
David, it is Rhys (not Rhett) that is the principal at RMY Auctions. My parents still get us confused so you are in good company :)

I can understand where you guys are coming from when you look at the results. RMY Auctions deals almost entirely in photographs and doesn't have the luxury of whittling down the given photos in each auction to perhaps the 10-20 absolute best pieces like another larger auction house can. As a result it can appear like the items overall are a little more "shop worn" but don't forget that when a photo is of premium quality the piece speaks for itself and will sell for a great price...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/famous-charles-conlon-ty-cobb-photo-hits-auction-block/

The sheer number of photos and subject matters covered was unbelievable. I never saw anything like it. Some of the biggest ticket photos were historical in nature. What an amazing auction.

Kawika
12-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Rhett: no disparagement intended in case any was inferred. I have bid in just about every one of your auctions and have picked up some absolutely outstanding photos from you. Typically they show the wear of use, usually to a degree that doesn't diminish the eye appeal. What I like the best is that these are images that I'll never see again so if they've got a corner chip or an editor's mark I giveth not a hoot. Sometimes I hit solid gold. Take this image, my all-time RMY acquisition. Looking damn good for 77 years old.

http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/sportscardsetc/mischidden/miscellany2/1939%20Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs.jpg