PDA

View Full Version : Art Jacobs - Debut in 1939 - Only One MLB Game - Autograph Exemplar Request

ATP
11-27-2016, 06:19 PM
Hello All, I am posting to see if anyone has an autograph example of Art Jacobs that I can compare to. I am getting an item in next week that has his signature, but I do not have an exemplar of him saved anywhere, nor can I find one online. He debuted in 1939 for the Reds and pitched one inning in one game, though had a lengthy minor league career. He passed away in 1967. I am anticipating that he is a rather difficult to find autograph of 1930's debut players, but probably not impossible based on his career in the sport. Any info about his autograph that folks out there may know and willing to share is much appreciated. Thank you.

btcarfagno
11-27-2016, 06:58 PM
Hello All, I am posting to see if anyone has an autograph example of Art Jacobs that I can compare to. I am getting an item in next week that has his signature, but I do not have an exemplar of him saved anywhere, nor can I find one online. He debuted in 1939 for the Reds and pitched one inning in one game, though had a lengthy minor league career. He passed away in 1967. I am anticipating that he is a rather difficult to find autograph of 1930's debut players, but probably not impossible based on his career in the sport. Any info about his autograph that folks out there may know and willing to share is much appreciated. Thank you.

I may have one. Will post tonight if I do.

Tom C

Hondo
11-27-2016, 08:18 PM
Hi - hopefully this will give you some idea. He does surface from time to time. I may have some other images if this is not good enough.
Take care,
Dick Huebner

ATP
11-28-2016, 01:42 AM
Thank you both for replying. If you have one Tom I would love to see it to compare, and thank you Dick for sharing yours, very helpful. I will post mine next week as well in case anyone else is interested in seeing it.

btcarfagno
11-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Sorry. I did have one but sold it and do not have an image of it. It was from a 1932 Portland Beavers program.

Tom C

ATP
11-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Here is the item I referenced that has Art Jacobs on it, if anyone else is interested in another example of him or for those looking in the future. It is on what I believe is a 1936 Buffalo Bisons team signed baseball, with 22 other players from that year, I spotted Jake Flowers right away (also it looks like Packey McFarland at the top, the great boxer who passed away in 1936)