PDA

View Full Version : 19c/early 20c baseball score counters

Michael Peich
11-22-2016, 01:55 PM
I have acquired a few baseball score counters in the past year. Does anyone else collect them? If so, I would enjoy seeing some examples, particularly unusual exemplars. I have also posted on the BST Memorabilia thread if anyone has any for sale. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike
mpeich12@gmail.com

perezfan
11-22-2016, 07:37 PM
Here's a great thread I can contribute to...

Have always loved the unusual/figural Scorers of this era! Below are some of my rarest, including a large Hand Fan that actually serves as a Scorer as well. :cool:

Joe_G.
11-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Wow Mike & Mark, I unfortunately have nothing to add but I really appreciate your posts showing an interesting side of the hobby that is new to me. Good luck growing your collections and keep sharing.

bobfreedman
11-23-2016, 08:31 AM
I owned these but sold them in REA a while back

Michael Peich
11-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Mark and Bob,

Thanks for showing your examples, or in Bob's case, former examples. I really am a rookie in this realm of collecting, but am drawn to the unusual advertising versions, especially 19c.

Hope to see more examples from other Board members.

Cheers, Mike

irv
11-23-2016, 05:49 PM
Those are all really cool, guys!

Being as I mainly focus on cards, those have never even crossed my mind as something to collect.

I like the diversity of collecting I see on here occasionally. It is refreshing knowing there are other sides to the hobby that guys like me don't even think about.

Thanks for posting them up and starting this thread. :)