PDA

View Full Version : Need a bat expert for some info.

almostdone
11-21-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm not a bat collector but rather a player collector. Someone offered me a bat for my Pee Wee Reese collection. I'd like to start by saying it was a fellow member here and he gave me a great price so I'm not looking to see if I got a steal or ripped off. I'm very happy with it no matter what. I would just like some more info if possible.

It has Reese' signature engraved on it as well as the H&B trademark. It is the length and weight Reese used but the stamp in the knob is stamped s100.

I found this type of bat listed as both a team index bat as well as a coaching bat post career.

I am pretty sure this isn't a playing days game used bat but is it possible it was issued to Reese for another reason? Like coaching, batting practice etc?

Don't have any photos to upload yet but I will when I can.

Any info is appreciated.
Drew

jbsports33
11-22-2016, 11:13 AM
"S" is for special - these are common from the 1960s and a few in the 1950s, so players/collectors could have the same models and specs as MLB players - store model, most of the time they are lower numbers – so the 100 maybe a code for something else too!

There are a few that had been promotion type bats, but for the most part store models

The key is having the 125 - which is the best type of wood HB used

pictures would help as well - there maybe something else unique about the bat

Take care Jimmy

almostdone
11-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info. There is a 125 imptprinted on the logo. I am out of town for the holiday. I will try and post pics next week once I return.

Until then is there any other information not shared?

Drew

daves_resale_shop
11-23-2016, 03:44 AM
"S" is for special - these are common from the 1960s and a few in the 1950s, so players/collectors could have the same models and specs as MLB players - store model, most of the time they are lower numbers – so the 100 maybe a code for something else too!

There are a few that had been promotion type bats, but for the most part store models

The key is having the 125 - which is the best type of wood HB used

pictures would help as well - there maybe something else unique about the bat

Take care Jimmy

I think you are referring to the "powerized 125S models" that were produced with foil stamping as opposed to a "powerized 125" bearing the model #s100

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=8546

karamaxjoe
11-23-2016, 07:33 PM
http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/1950_58_Pee_Wee_Reese_Brooklyn_LA_Dodgers_H_B_Loui-LOT105820.aspx

almostdone
11-23-2016, 08:42 PM
Here is another past action with the same bat as far as I can tell but describing it as a coaching bat. Does anyone one know if there is an actual difference and if si what am I missing?

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/1965_68_pee_wee_reese_brooklyn_dodgers_star_h_b_lo-lot52839.aspx

The only listed difference is that one says it's a 33oz bat and the other a 34oz bat. When I return home I'll weigh it to see what mine is exactly but the question still remains to me is the one ounce difference the only tell tale sign to differentiate the two or is there more? Maybe the ounce difference is a mute point and one of the descriptions is incorrect.

Drew