PDA

View Full Version : Don't bust my (base) balls on eBay

Snapolit1
11-18-2016, 07:00 AM
I have a few cards listed on eBay and one is relatively high ticket. I have Buy it Now on all of them, and on the expensive one I keep getting offers from one person (hopefully not a board member) who makes offers but accompanies them with these heavy handed confrontational type messages along the lines of "I am sure you realize when I cross this over to PSA its won't get this grade because they miss a lot of things" and "I can see from your prices you really don't want to sell this card," nonsense like that. As we say in Brooklyn, don't bust my balls. I'm not looking for a debate or a cross examination or a psychological assessment. If you want the card start off by not pissing me off with some head games. I wouldn't sell the card to this guy regardless of what he offers me.
OK, got that off my chest.

rjackson44
11-18-2016, 07:17 AM
just block him

Snapolit1
11-18-2016, 07:41 AM
I have done a few hundred eBay transaction with very minimal aggravation, and my sales/purchases on BST here have been uniformly cordial and smooth. Just don't need to have my time wasted by some tire-kicker who thinks he's going to knock the card and educate me.

gnaz01
11-18-2016, 07:51 AM
I have a few cards listed on eBay and one is relatively high ticket. I have Buy it Now on all of them, and on the expensive one I keep getting offers from one person (hopefully not a board member) who makes offers but accompanies them with these heavy handed confrontational type messages along the lines of "I am sure you realize when I cross this over to PSA its won't get this grade because they miss a lot of things" and "I can see from your prices you really don't want to sell this card," nonsense like that. As we say in Brooklyn, don't bust my balls. I'm not looking for a debate or a cross examination or a psychological assessment. If you want the card start off by not pissing me off with some head games. I wouldn't sell the card to this guy regardless of what he offers me.
OK, got that off my chest.

Sounds like a board member here.......

bbcard1
11-18-2016, 07:58 AM
I have done a few hundred eBay transaction with very minimal aggravation, and my sales/purchases on BST here have been uniformly cordial and smooth. Just don't need to have my time wasted by some tire-kicker who thinks he's going to knock the card and educate me.

I agree. Another big advantage is that you don't pay a listing fee. While one could argue you don't get the Ebay "protection" you can usually get a very good feel for who you're dealing with from their countenance on the forum. I have never had a problem on Net 54.

Snapolit1
11-18-2016, 08:18 AM
Like a lot of things in life, it's far easier to deal with an equally educated/informed person on the other side of the table. When both of you are starting from a position of a lot of information, you can just cut to the chase and avoid a lot of game playing.

iowadoc77
11-18-2016, 10:17 AM

Agreed! BST has been great for me and the comments I have had about price have been worded well and I have actually learned from them. Plenty of douche rockets on eBay thinking they can get a low ball deal by talking their way into it. Many people apparently missed their calling in life to go into higher education!

drcy
11-18-2016, 12:17 PM
You have to have good manners and politeness with me in all areas of life. Life is too short for rude people. Happily, they are in the minority.

Luke
11-18-2016, 12:54 PM
It comes with the territory. To get the most eyes on your item, it's smart to use ebay, but some of those people you'd rather not interact with. Ebay doesn't penalize you for just ignoring rude people and it will make your life better.

vintagebaseballcardguy
11-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Recently, I have gotten interested in collecting T205s and trying T206 again. I would be happy to be able to make all of my purchases through the BST.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

slidekellyslide
11-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Slightly off topic here, but still related to ebay offers, why do people make offers ending in .99?

TUM301
11-19-2016, 05:52 AM
Agreed! BST has been great for me and the comments I have had about price have been worded well and I have actually learned from them. Plenty of douche rockets on eBay thinking they can get a low ball deal by talking their way into it. Many people apparently missed their calling in life to go into higher education!

Awesome, "Douche Rockets", Instant Classic !

lharri3600
11-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Simply tell the person if he wants it,he'll have to pay for it!