PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Bazooka Mays

skelly
11-07-2016, 04:39 PM
I know the grade is everything, but if I read it correctly this card is above $3000 at the moment as an 8. I am guessing the scratches are on the case itself and not the card? I just don't get it, I mean there are a couple nice one's on ebay right now that aren't moving at a fraction of that price. Is the number really that important? It's a hand cut issue...

sflayank
11-07-2016, 05:05 PM
not to mention the fact that according to psa grading guidelines this card must have the black dashes complete...the left side of thge card is missing 80% of the dashes..there fore shouldve graded authentic

skelly
11-07-2016, 05:52 PM
This issue just confuses me overall in the sense that the SP cards are so much tougher, but the Mantle and the Mays will sell for more that the Single Prints. I can understand the "common" single prints, but the Mantle will outpace the Drysdale, Banks, etc... No comparison on rarity, but I know, scarcity doesn't equal value.

quitcrab
11-07-2016, 06:09 PM
I think...not sure..PSA changed the grading standards on Bazookas. Now cards can receive a number grade with some black dotted lines missing. What's next? Half grades?

skelly
11-21-2016, 05:27 PM
I must be missing something with the 1959 bazooka issue and how PSA grades them.... Not understanding how the Bob Cerv that just ended got a "6" it looks to clearly have scratches and abrasions on the top part of the card near the upper border

irv
11-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Don't you know you guys are suppose to post links when you are talking about cards like these!

Get with the program! :D

Peter_Spaeth
11-21-2016, 09:49 PM
Who needs PSA?
I would be surprised btw if with all the AUTHS out there they changed their insistence on the dotted lines showing.

AustinMike
11-22-2016, 08:05 PM
Peter, I think you posted the picture in the wrong section. Didn't you mean to put it in the BST section so I could buy it? :D