PDA

View Full Version : which grading company ?

larietrope
11-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Decided to have some cards graded. Never done that before so what is difference between Beckett and PSA ? I have found Beckett offering a half price per card over PSA this month. I was considering getting 20 cards graded.

bnorth
11-05-2016, 01:11 PM
It really depends on what you want. Are you looking to sell? Do you want the most secure holder in the industry?

For resale PSA is king unless it is new shiny cards then Beckett has the best resale value and best holder.

swarmee
11-05-2016, 03:09 PM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=218701&highlight=grading+companies

Use the search feature on this site to see more posts like this one. If they are vintage and high grade, PSA is your best bet to maximize value. When you say the Beckett deal is half off PSA, what do you mean? PSA regularly has member specials of $6/card for either Pre-1957 or Post-1956 for their Collector's Club members. If you buy a membership and wait a little while, you can pounce on their cheap specials and still do great.

irv
11-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Decided to have some cards graded. Never done that before so what is difference between Beckett and PSA ? I have found Beckett offering a half price per card over PSA this month. I was considering getting 20 cards graded.

Swarmee beat me to it as I was going to say SGC is also another choice, but you are best to do a search here.
http://sgccard.com/

All have their pro's and cons so do your research.

Good luck. :)

DBesse27
11-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Warranted or not, PSA slabbed vintage cards command more in the market than those in other slabs.

clydepepper
11-06-2016, 05:16 AM
Warranted or not, PSA slabbed vintage cards command more in the market than those in other slabs.

That is definitely true!

c

smallpaul2002
11-06-2016, 07:23 AM
I have noticed that PSA cards seem to sell at a higher premium than cards graded by other companies..especially vintage years. Graded cards will always carry a premium to ungraded cards, that is the reality today in the vintage card marketplace.

rgpete
11-06-2016, 04:30 PM
The one vintage psa graded card I have moves within the slab not good.