PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Turkeys

T3s
11-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Hello all,

Delivered to my office today was a great stack of T3 Turkey Reds. These cards are new to the hobby, having originated from the seller's grandfather in Virginia. They essentially remained untouched for decades. I've seen larger or more important finds, but coming across these original groups never gets old. They're still out there, so let's keep looking. For anyone who's curious, they smell great.

The lot consists of 30 T3s and 3 T9s. A great group with lots of HOFers.

Best,
Craig

GasHouseGang
11-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Are you going to keep them raw, or do you plan on getting them graded? It would be really exciting to find something like that! Congratulations on your find.:)

clydepepper
11-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Hello all,

Delivered to my office today was a great stack of T3 Turkey Reds. These cards are new to the hobby, having originated from the seller's grandfather in Virginia. They essentially remained untouched for decades. I've seen larger or more important finds, but coming across these original groups never gets old. They're still out there, so let's keep looking. For anyone who's curious, they smell great.

The lot consists of 30 T3s and 3 T9s. A great group with lots of HOFers.

Best,
Craig

Let's all remember to tell our grand parents how much we love them.

vintagerookies51
11-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Very cool! They look like they're in decent shape... how nice are they on average?

T3s
11-03-2016, 06:48 AM
I think on average they're in the PSA 3-4 range. A few are roughed up, with a few very clean (PSA 5?) cards. The Cobb is a beauty, 3.5 technical maybe but the focus, color and clarity are spot on. Other nice HOFers are Waddell, Young and Clarke. Nine HOFers total - Cobb, Lajoie, Young, Joss, Waddell, Clarke, Crawford, Bresnahan, Griffith.

I'd like to just keep them raw and plan to sell many of them. I'll likely get the Cobb graded as I think he needs to be sold - unless someone wants it ungraded (sorry Leon, I'll take all other selling comments to the BST).

Michael Peich
11-03-2016, 07:31 AM
Craig--This is a wonderful find. Congratulations!

Cheers, Mike

Leon
11-03-2016, 08:04 AM
I think on average they're in the PSA 3-4 range. A few are roughed up, with a few very clean (PSA 5?) cards. The Cobb is a beauty, 3.5 technical maybe but the focus, color and clarity are spot on. Other nice HOFers are Waddell, Young and Clarke. Nine HOFers total - Cobb, Lajoie, Young, Joss, Waddell, Clarke, Crawford, Bresnahan, Griffith.

I'd like to just keep them raw and plan to sell many of them. I'll likely get the Cobb graded as I think he needs to be sold - unless someone wants it ungraded (sorry Leon, I'll take all other selling comments to the BST).

No worries Craig. What a great find!! Those look spectacular all stacked up like that.

edhans
11-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Congratulations, Craig!

gemmint77
11-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Cool find, thanks for sharing.

irishdenny
11-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Congrats Craig!!!
And RiGHT oN TiMe fir ThanksGiviN ;)

Stampsfan
11-03-2016, 12:53 PM
One of my favorite sets. Looking forward to see what you're willing to part with... :p