PDA

View Full Version : REA winnings

whiteymet
11-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Hi Gang:

Let's see what everyone won in the REA auction.

And if anyone won the set of Lummis Peanut Butter cards and is looking to break them up PLMK I have interest in more than a few. PLEASE PM me.

Thanks

Fred

philliesphan
11-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Hi Gang:

Let's see what everyone won in the REA auction.

And if anyone won the set of Lummis Peanut Butter cards and is looking to break them up PLMK I have interest in more than a few. PLEASE PM me.

Thanks

Fred

Fred -- I would be interested as well. I have two or three cards from the set that I'm looking to upgrade.

I was the underbidder - but couldn't justify another bid, particularly with the extra paper and pinholes on some of the cards. It's such an amazingly rare set - it's only the second time in the last (15?) years I've seen a grouping of these for sale.

Marc

Bored5000
11-05-2016, 08:11 PM
I wondered if either of you guys won that Lummis set at REA. That was one of the lots I was really interested in seeing the final price, since prices can get crazy at REA sometimes. I have been exchanging PMs with another board member over the past several weeks and threw out a guess of $10K for the final price of that Lummis set. The Ashburn Lummis Peanut Butter card last year was nice, and that card alone brought $5,000 at REA last year.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I was kinda surprised the Felin's Franks card of Bobby Morgan sold for "only" $2,040 at REA. A raw Morgan card sold at Huggins & Scott for $2,868 last year.