PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with auction mania without going insane

Snapolit1
10-29-2016, 08:50 AM
So many auctions, seems like one is closing every night. I assume we all have developed strategies for not going crazy -- or broke. What are you personal guidelines/rules of thumb in keeping things sane and manageable? Here's one of mine:

If you go through a catalog once and nothing jumps out at you that you need to have, don't look at it again. Regardless of how many emails you get. Cross it off and move on.

Like to say I always stick to it.

Leon
10-29-2016, 09:02 AM
So many auctions, seems like one is closing every night. I assume we all have developed strategies for not going crazy -- or broke. What are you personal guidelines/rules of thumb in keeping things sane and manageable? Here's one of mine:

If you go through a catalog once and nothing jumps out at you that you need to have, don't look at it again. Regardless of how many emails you get. Cross it off and move on.

Like to say I always stick to it.

I have no rules or boundaries. I just go with the flow :).....

T206Collector
10-29-2016, 09:15 AM
I focus on my "must owns." That's what keeps me obsessed with making sure I see every page of every catalog.

Otherwise I'm pretty casual. Good stuff that I'd "like to own" is always available.