PDA

View Full Version : Who here has attended WS games

Rich Klein
10-27-2016, 05:50 PM
And tell us about your experiences.

In this century I went to game 3 in Houston in 2005 =-- yes the one that never ended

And

All the games at what is now Globe Life Park in Arlington in 2010-11.

One thing is I really wish Arlington had train service to DFW as its a real beat down to get there from here in Plano. We had to leave by 3 for the games and never got home till after 11 and that was only because we knew how to get out of the parking lots

Rich

Bestdj777
10-27-2016, 05:56 PM
I went to game 5 last year. I'm not a fan of either team but was rooting for the Mets anyway. It was a great time, although tickets were a bit insane. The crowds were awesome.

I've gone to payoff games for the Nats (this year) and Yankees in prior years, but neither has made it all the way in a year when I could actually go.

Snapolit1
10-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Took my 16 year old son to two of the Mets-Royals games last year. Was great, but some amazing bonehead plays really killed the Mets. Royals were a better balanced team, but we could have won that series. Was still a great experience.

Klrdds
10-27-2016, 06:11 PM
I attended Game 6 of the 1992 World Series between Blue Jays and Braves . Blue Jays won game 6 and the Series in 11 innings . I had tickets for Game 7 but unfortunately they were not needed. Have those ticket stubs from Game 6 and unused Game 7 tickets still .

ALR-bishop
10-27-2016, 06:30 PM
64, 67, 68, 82, 85, 87, 04, 06, 11

Mark
10-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Game 5, 1971.

mechanicalman
10-27-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm going to go on a limb at guess Al is a Cardinals fan. ;)I also attended '06, but was rooting for the other team. My team lost, but still had a great time with my dad.

kmac32
10-27-2016, 06:37 PM
2002 Angels / Giants game 6 if I reacll correctly in Anaheim

bnorth
10-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Game 2 of the 2005 WS between the White Sox and Astros. It was wet and cold out that night and was in the top 10-15 games I have been to. Just being at a WS game was amazing to me.

I was supposed to have been at game 1(saturday) to see The Rocket pitch. I won a pair of tickets to game 1 on Thursday night on eBay for a little over $1800. I paid and went to bed. When I got home from work on friday night the eBay sale had been canceled because a under bidder messaged the seller and offered more $ for them.:mad: On friday night with no tickets and a plan to make the 10 hour drive early the next day all I could find was 1 ticket to game 2.

The wife was a trooper and stayed with friends while I went to the game sunday. Bad part was we had to make the 10 hour drive back home after the game so my wife could be at work monday morning.

kdixon
10-27-2016, 06:49 PM
One year ago today saw the Royals win game one. Also was at game 6 of the 1985 WS also won by the Royals.

Kawika
10-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Saw the second game of the 1957 Series at Yankee Stadium. Aaron hit a triple.
Saw the third game of the 2002 Series at Pac Bell. Froze our asses off.

mark evans
10-27-2016, 07:25 PM
I attended the opening game of the '69 Series and game 7 of the '79 Series in Baltimore.

David W
10-27-2016, 07:42 PM
2013 in st. Louis. Sat behind the right field foul pole with a drunk red Sox fan wearing those fake beards behind me. Went with 6 others and saw Ortiz win the game for Boston. Drove 350 miles there and back after game then went to work that day. $250 per ticket purchased in a hotel lobby, that was interesting, hoping we didn't get scammed out of $1750

rats60
10-27-2016, 07:56 PM
2006 and Tuesday night.

earlywynnfan
10-27-2016, 07:59 PM
1995, Game 4, the one the Tribe lost, of course. Supposed to go Tuesday.

John V
10-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Games 3 & 4 at Three Rivers 1971.

ALR-bishop
10-27-2016, 08:48 PM
2013 in st. Louis. Sat behind the right field foul pole with a drunk red Sox fan wearing those fake beards behind me. Went with 6 others and saw Ortiz win the game for Boston. Drove 350 miles there and back after game then went to work that day. $250 per ticket purchased in a hotel lobby, that was interesting, hoping we didn't get scammed out of $1750

David-- this was the only one I missed. Was on a repositioning cruise from Montreal to Miami. Unfortunately we docked in Boston the morning after Boston clinched. Folks there were exuberant but gracious victors

HRBAKER
10-27-2016, 09:02 PM
October 28, 1995

Tom Glavine twirls 8 masterful innings of one hit ball against the Tribe. Dave Justice hits a homer off of Atlanta native Jim Poole and the Braves win 1-0 for their only championship during the great run in the 90's.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s172/hrbaker/AUTOS/WSticket.jpg

RTK
10-27-2016, 09:09 PM
I have a ticket for games 3, 4 and 5 at Wrigley this weekend. I was at the pennant clinching game, an awesome experience to witness baseball history. Hopefully more will be made.

kkkkandp
10-27-2016, 09:14 PM
I went to the 5th game of the 1964 Series between the Yankees and the Cardinals. I was 13 years old. I got to see Bob Gibson pitch, but the Yankees lost when Tim McCarver hit a 3-run homer in the 10th inning.

My uncle was supposed to take his son, who was 8, but at literally the 11th hour his boss called him to attend an important meeting in his stead. My uncle drove my cousin and I in to Yankee Stadium. He made sure we got in. We sat all by ourselves. My uncle picked us up after the meeting.

Those were different times. I'm not sure most parents these days would let a 13-year-old and an 8-year-old go to Yankee Stadium on their own!

itjclarke
10-27-2016, 10:11 PM
Lucky enough to go to five home games total during the Giants' three recent WS appearances, 2010, 2012, 2014. All games were an absolute blast, 4 wins, 1 loss (only one not wearing my lucky shirt).

Game 4, 2014 also gave me the "rally rope". Giants were down 4-1, in danger of going down 3-1 in the series. My buddy (left) and I had imbibed a few by this point and decided we needed to do something to spark the team. I spotted a Red Rope on the ground, and we each took a big bite. From that point, the Giants rallied for 10 unanswered, winning 11-4 and eventually taking it in 7. We like to think we had a hand in that.

sycks22
10-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Game 2 of the '91 series against the Braves at the Dome. My bro got to go to games 2, 6 and 7. It was electric.

Koufax32fan
10-27-2016, 10:47 PM
Best game ever - Game 6 of the 2011 World Series (and games in 2004, 2006 and 2013)

The-Cardfather
10-27-2016, 11:49 PM
I went to game 5 last year. I'm not a fan of either team but was rooting for the Mets anyway. It was a great time, although tickets were a bit insane. The crowds were awesome.

Chris,

Please don't interpret this as a nasty or malicious response, but.......

I DON'T GET GUYS LIKE YOU!!!!
You went to game 5 of a World Series game, but you're not a fan of either team??????
Then why did you go??? Are you a millionaire who had nothing better to do on that night???
And if you got the tickets for free, why not give (or even sell) them to a real fan of either team?

I'm a die-hard Mets fan, and I've never been to a World Series game. (I simply can't afford to go.) I would have been in hog heaven if someone would have given me a ticket to that game (even though my beloved Mets lost that game and the Royals got to celebrate on our field).

TRUE STORY: In 1986 (the last time that the Mets won it all), a very good friend of mine (he was in my bridal party) got a free pair of box seats to World Series Game 1 from his employer. He took his then-girlfriend. My friend was (and still is) a Yankees fan and couldn't care less about the Mets. His girlfriend knew as much about baseball as I know about nuclear physics. Yes, I know that the Mets lost that game, but that's not the point. The point is that my friend had no business even being at that game, let alone his girlfriend. After, I found out about it I was mad at him for months, and it was a real strain on our friendship. (And I'm not exaggerating.)

Forever Young
10-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Morris for the win! Homer hankies were flying!

Steve D
10-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Game 1, 1984 World Series.

Steve

ullmandds
10-28-2016, 04:25 AM
1978 WS....game 4 at yankee stadium.

I was 9...I caught a foul ball off the bat of Reggie Smith. I was watching it on youtube last night and I think I found the pitch/foul I caught!!!

Danny Smith
10-28-2016, 06:01 AM
Game 6 2011 Cards vs. Rangers. As was mentioned earlier arguably the greatest game ever. Amazing experience.

tribefan
10-28-2016, 06:11 AM
1995 & 1997 Jacobs Field.

dealme
10-28-2016, 06:21 AM
2002 Game 6
2004 Game 4
2013 Game 4

The two Sox games were a blast (especially since they won), and the 2002 game was simply a great baseball game.

PhillipAbbott79
10-28-2016, 06:35 AM
Game 5, Shea Stadium 2015....with a friend that was a Kansas City fan.

terjung
10-28-2016, 06:43 AM
I went to the only World Series game the Tampa Bay Rays have ever won.
Believe it or not, Tropicana Field was actually sold out!
The place was electric and I met Flat Stanley for the first time.

KMayUSA6060
10-28-2016, 07:09 AM
I went to Game 1 this year. I got lucky because when I logged on to buy the tickets on the Indians website, it wasn't working properly and wouldn't send me through to the purchasing screen no matter how many times I clicked continue. 12 minutes into this process, I was getting ready to give up when my girlfriend calls me at work and says she has 2 Standing Room Only tickets queued up and asked if I wanted them. I gave her my credit card info and the rest is history (don't worry, she has a ring coming soon).

She and I stood on the Home Run Porch at Jacob's Field (for those none-Clevelanders: Cleveland fans will forever refer to Progressive Field as Jacob's Field). Perfect view for a fraction of the price some people paid for their nose to bleed. That Tuesday night was pretty special in Cleveland, and it was referred to as Merry Clevemas, as the Cavs received their Championship rings and raised the banner just 100 ft. from The Jake. So the atmosphere was electric, not to mention the historic significance of Game 1 between the Cubs/Indians. Obviously the Indians won, 6-0, and my voice was gone by the 3rd inning. Also, something special about baseball are the stories people share. I stood with some great fans and talked all night, picking their brain on their experiences in life/baseball (an Indians fan from Philly, 2 from KC, 2 teachers - one of which does summer trips to different ballparks, 1 Indians fan from California, etc.).

I consider myself blessed, especially when there has been so much light shed on the 80-100 year old Cubs fans that have NEVER experienced a World Series. I'm 22, and will treasure this experience for life.

LET'S GO INDIANS! ROLL TRIBE BABY! CUE UP THE BILLY GOATS AND STEVE BARTMANS!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvq-yeWXgAAzcJl.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvp41DHUIAAAgSa.jpg

ALR-bishop
10-28-2016, 07:13 AM
One year ago today saw the Royals win game one. Also was at game 6 of the 1985 WS also won by the Royals.

Some would say game 6 in 1985 was won by Don Denkinger :)

PM770
10-28-2016, 07:32 AM
I was at the game that is still recognized as the coldest World Series game ever. 1997 - Game 4 - Indians v. Marlins.

My one and only World Series game.

Bestdj777
10-28-2016, 07:54 AM
Cardfather, here is my response to your questions/comments:

You went to game 5 of a World Series game, but you're not a fan of either team??????
- Correct. I am not a fan of either team. I am from New York though, I respect the Mets, and I was pulling for them to win. I actually drove to Philly this year to watch them clinch their playoff spot this year and was hoping they would make it further in playoffs.

Then why did you go??? Are you a millionaire who had nothing better to do on that night??? And if you got the tickets for free, why not give (or even sell) them to a real fan of either team?
- I am not a millionaire and I had to pay good money for my tickets, albeit less than many people had to pay since I bought it early the morning of the game when prices had dropped a bit. I monitored ticket prices and splurged when they got to what I viewed as a reasonable price. I went for a couple of reasons. First, I am a huge fan of the game of baseball and of watching baseball games. Second, last year was my last year living in New York, and the Yankees did not make it to a World Series while I was there. Third, my best friend is a huge Mets fan. He wanted to go to the game really badly but did not want to go by himself. I wanted him to be able to see the game, I had the money to afford tickets, and, to be frank, I wanted to share that experience with my friend as it is a memory that neither of us will forget. My wife encouraged me to just buy the tickets and go as I'd regret it if I didn't.

I'm a die-hard Mets fan, and I've never been to a World Series game. (I simply can't afford to go.)
- During the last World Series, they released a number of tickets to the public the day of the game. You had to go to the box office to purchase them, but, while they were more expensive than regular season games, they were cheaper than buying through the secondary market. I am not sure the times that were on sale as I did not learn about that option until after the game. Something to consider if the opportunity presents itself again. Given the strength of the team it is very likely.

packs
10-28-2016, 08:03 AM
My parents were Yankees season ticket holders while I was growing up and for most of those years the Yankees stunk. BUT then came 1996. We went to one game per series for all of the Yankees championships (except 2009). I also got to attend the first ever Wild Card game and Griffey hit 2 bombs.

Old Yankee Stadium was simply electric during the playoffs and especially during the World Series. The entire stadium moved and you felt something there. I haven't been to a playoff game in the new stadium, but it's so sterile I can't imagine it coming close to those games at the old stadium.

darwinbulldog
10-28-2016, 08:04 AM
Not I. In 2005 I was living in Houston and my name was pulled in a lottery to purchase face value tickets for my choice of Game 3, 4, or 5. I picked Game 5 because I figured Clemens would be starting. And I suppose he would have...

rats60
10-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Chris,

Then why did you go??? Are you a millionaire who had nothing better to do on that night???
And if you got the tickets for free, why not give (or even sell) them to a real fan of either team?

I don't get people like you who feel that they are entitled to something they are not. How about we are baseball fans and what baseball fan wouldn't want to go to a World Series game given the opportunity? I have been to 2 World Series games and I only wish that my team would make a World Series so I could watch them play in it.

packs
10-28-2016, 08:39 AM
Yeah I'm not sure about that POV either. I've been to a few Super Bowls because I had the opportunity to go. My team wasn't playing in the games. Should I stay home because the Giants aren't playing? Or should I go because it's an experience?

ramram
10-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Made one game in 1980 (KC) while I was in college. Got to all of them in 1985 when the Royals won it all (including game six when Deckinger had his infamous "safe" call). Best post season game of all though wasn't even a WS game - it was the Wild Card game two years ago with the crazy comeback against Oakland.

Rob M

jcmtiger
10-28-2016, 09:22 AM
I attended all the games at Tiger Stadium in 1984. In those days you sent in payment to a PO Box and they sent you the tickets. I sent money from my home address, My PO Box, My Mothers address, My sisters address, my wife's 2 addresses from her work office. I received tickets for each location I mailed the ticket requests. I had tickets for all of the Home games. The Ticket prices were $ 25.00. This enabled me to take my son's, My Daughter and her husband, my Dad to different games. My youngest son and I attended the clinching game in Detroit. We were on the field after the Tigers clinched. I even had one pair of tickets I sold to a co-worker.

Those were the days. Never happen again. See those prices for the game today. :D

iwantitiwinit
10-28-2016, 09:40 AM
I've only been to one yankees-dbacks game 5 in 2001. Absolute mayhem after brocious home run. Never ever had more of a thrill than that game had chills for 5 days. Simply amazing.

mechanicalman
10-28-2016, 09:44 AM
I attended all the games at Tiger Stadium in 1984. In those days you sent in payment to a PO Box and they sent you the tickets. I sent money from my home address, My PO Box, My Mothers address, My sisters address, my wife's 2 addresses from her work office. I received tickets for each location I mailed the ticket requests. I had tickets for all of the Home games. The Ticket prices were $ 25.00. This enabled me to take my son's, My Daughter and her husband, my Dad to different games. My youngest son and I attended the clinching game in Detroit. We were on the field after the Tigers clinched. I even had one pair of tickets I sold to a co-worker.

Those were the days. Never happen again. See those prices for the game today. :D

I would trade any card in my collection to go back in time and experience that.

Forever Young
10-28-2016, 10:20 AM
I don't get people like you who feel that they are entitled to something they are not. How about we are baseball fans and what baseball fan wouldn't want to go to a World Series game given the opportunity? I have been to 2 World Series games and I only wish that my team would make a World Series so I could watch them play in it.

Thinking the same thing....

I would love to be at Wrigley during this WS and not a huge fan of either but I AM A HUGE FAN OF BASEBALL HISTORY.

I have been looking for tickets in fact.
*I am not a millionaire and could do many other things with my time. I just would rather not if I had the chance.

sac_bunt
10-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Yep... Game 5 @ Arlington in 2011... The bullpen mix up game.

Agreed on the commuting experience to Arlington... not fun at all.

Jeff

In this century I went to game 3 in Houston in 2005 =-- yes the one that never ended

And

One thing is I really wish Arlington had train service to DFW as its a real beat down to get there from here in Plano. We had to leave by 3 for the games and never got home till after 11 and that was only because we knew how to get out of the parking lots

Rich

clydepepper
10-28-2016, 11:36 AM
You Guys have made me very jealous!

I have never attended a World Series game.

I worked in retail management in the 1990's and couldn't catch a break while the Braves were in.

The 'Big' bosses never understood enough to send in relief for ME!

While the Braves are doing a good job of rebuilding, I don't know if I will get another opportunity before I 'leave'.

I do enjoy watching on TV though...as the first MLB game I ever 'saw' was Game 1 of the 1963 Series in Black & White.

While I was already hooked on the Game, THAT Game cemented my connection, my obsession and my addiction.

Duluth Eskimo
10-28-2016, 01:25 PM
I told this in another thread in the past. I have only been to one World Series game and that was game 6 of the 91 series here in Minnesota. We got free tickets from a corporate person. Between the Twins being down 3-2 in games, Puckett's catch off the plexiglass in left center, and his walk off home run, it gets my vote for the greatest baseball game I have ever seen. It was absolute pandemonium after the game and in Minneapolis. I cannot describe.

I know there are better WS games with Gibson's HR, Larsen's perfect game, etc. There are many people who say the 91 series was the greatest ever and I cannot argue that point.

HOF Auto Rookies
10-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Finally going to my first games tonight and tomorrow! I was going to go last year for Cueto's gem but I was pretty sick.

So, I got my BRYZZO jersey and I'm ready to go!!

Forever Young
10-28-2016, 02:20 PM
I told this in another thread in the past. I have only been to one World Series game and that was game 6 of the 91 series here in Minnesota. We got free tickets from a corporate person. Between the Twins being down 3-2 in games, Puckett's catch off the plexiglass in left center, and his walk off home run, it gets my vote for the greatest baseball game I have ever seen. It was absolute pandemonium after the game and in Minneapolis. I cannot describe.

I know there are better WS games with Gibson's HR, Larsen's perfect game, etc. There are many people who say the 91 series was the greatest ever and I cannot argue that point.

I remember watching that on tv like it was yesterday(I was 16 years old). I was not at the game but do have the ticket stub and a gu puckett signed bat from 1991 year. I was at game 1. The metrodome was crazy.. I cannot imagine what it was like after that hr.

This thread is f n sweet btw.

abothebear
10-28-2016, 02:29 PM

The first game I ever attended was Game 3 of the '84 Series. I was 6.

bn2cardz
10-28-2016, 02:37 PM
In 2006 I bought a pair of tickets to several NLDS and NLCS games. One of the games I didn't have someone to go with so I posted on Myspace (pre facebook days) that I had a spare ticket to the NLCS game. A female from my Church jumped at the opportunity even though we didn't really know each other. After that game we clicked and spent the rest of the games watching on TV together. I then asked if she would be willing to go to Game 4 of the World Series with me, but because I wasn't rich she would have to pay for her ticket. She said yes.
Fast forward a year later we got engaged and now we have celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary this year.

When the Cardinals got to the 2011 WS I bought tickets to a few games, but didn't feel like I could afford to keep them all so I resold my other tickets predicting there would be a game 7 and I wanted to be there for that one. That was a great experience for my wife and I to enjoy together since our first time getting to know each other was 5 years prior at the Cardinals playoff games.

So the Cardinals playoffs are very dear to our memories in our marriage.

ALR-bishop
10-28-2016, 03:16 PM
That is a great story Andy. I had tickets to the original game 4, which was rained out. So people with game 5 tickets went to what became game 4 and game 4 ticket holders ended up at game 5, which was the clincher. As miserable and disappointing it was waiting for them to call game 4 , it worked out great for me in the end

Been fortunate to attend at least one game in each Series the Cardinals have been in since 1964 with the exception of 2013, but my biggest thrill was being at game six in 2011 with one of my sons. My view is it was one of the top 5 world series games of all time

The-Cardfather
10-28-2016, 03:42 PM

Chris,

Thanks for your response. I think that it was noble of you to accompany your friend who had no one else to go with.

And as for you Rat,

I don't think that I'm "entitled" to anything, except my paycheck (which I work very hard for).

I too am a fan of the game and when I travel on business I try to attend a game at the city that I'm in. I do this primarilly to experience the ball park, and unless one of the teams playing is in the NL East, I have no real rooting interest. (I would root against any NL East team - unless it was the Mets.)
I know in my heart that as a fan of the game I would be happy to attend ANY World series game, but that being said; I also know that a real fan of the team playing would be ESTATIC to attend that same game.

In 1996 a good friend of mine was working in upper-management for Circuit City Stores. He got a free pair of seats for one of the games at Yankee Stadium from his employer. Since my friend is also a Mets fan (and hates the Yankees almost as much as I do), he did the right thing and gave both tickets to his neighbor who was a die-hard Yankees fan.

This is just my opinion / point-of-view. And everyone knows that opinions are like you-know-whats!

62corvette
10-28-2016, 07:31 PM
1984. Padres vs. Tigers. Saw my friend and semi-pro teammate Doug Bair pitch in relief for Detroit.

BearBailey
10-28-2016, 07:33 PM
2008 game 4. Lots of homers including joe Blanton. Great experience , I took my Dad who has always hated baseball and still does, but took me to enough games and baseball card shows that I felt he should enjoy it,he loved the experience and still says it was by far the best sporting event he has ever been too. If my Orioles ever make it plan to go to more and take my sons this time around. Regardless of if it is your team or not if you can make a World Series it is unlike any other baseball experience.

itjclarke
10-28-2016, 08:09 PM
...as the first MLB game I ever 'saw' was Game 1 of the 1963 Series in Black & White.

While I was already hooked on the Game, THAT Game cemented my connection, my obsession and my addiction.

Bummer about your bosses in Atl, but you were far luckier than all the guys at the institution in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest. That's the specific game McMurphy tries to get voted onto TV, but gets screwed by the rules. Oh that Nurse Ratched's evil knows no bounds.

nsaddict
10-28-2016, 09:05 PM
Game 4 of the '86 series at Fenway. Gary Carter hit 2 dingers in a winning effort. Being a Sox fan, that series was a tough pill to swallow.

margoaepi
10-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Games 3 and 4 of the series last year. Someone offered me a ticket to game 5, but I decided I needed to watch in the privacy of my own home. I was right.

bn2cardz
10-28-2016, 09:49 PM
That is a great story Andy. I had tickets to the original game 4, which was rained out. So people with game 5 tickets went to what became game 4 and game 4 ticket holders ended up at game 5, which was the clincher. As miserable and disappointing it was waiting for them to call game 4 , it worked out great for me in the end

Been fortunate to attend at least one game in each Series the Cardinals have been in since 1964 with the exception of 2013, but my biggest thrill was being at game six in 2011 with one of my sons. My view is it was one of the top 5 world series games of all time

Yeah I bought the tickets the day of the game at face value because the rain out made game 5 a non clincher so the seller didn't care about going. Yet it is a nice conversation piece because I have game 5 tickets, but went to game 4. Then in 2011 the game 6 was rained out, but they had learned from their mistake in 2006 and moved both games instead of doing the switch-a-roo they had done in 2006. That game 6 was stressful, since I had sold my guaranteed game 1 tickets to chance a game 7. My wife still teases me about pacing the house watching it on TV.

MooseDog
10-28-2016, 10:08 PM
I went to every A's home WS game 1972-1974. Being a kid at the time I had no idea how fortunate I was at the time.

HOF Auto Rookies
10-28-2016, 10:10 PM
It's official for me now!!!

pingman59
10-28-2016, 10:59 PM
My brother and I went to the game, but we didn't sit together. I bought my nosebleed ticket the day after the White Sox won the A.L. pennant from a broker, but my brother balked at such a high cost, so he passed. FIVE HOURS before I was to leave for the game, he sheepishly calls to say he bought a ticket and would it be OK if he went with me. Of course, but I also had to drive him into downtown Chicago to get the ticket, which wasn't such a big deal. The White Sox won, my favorite player-Joe Crede-hit a home run and Bobby Jenks was electic on the mound. There's no telling when the White Sox will get back to the World Series. I'll forever cherish going and I know my brother is glad he went too.

KingFisk
10-29-2016, 07:10 AM
Game 2 of the 2009 World Series. Decked out in Phillies gear, we ventured to a nearby Burger King before the game. A few tense moments as a local Bronx denizen wouldn't leave me alone, heckled me past the point of good naturedness and actually said ominously "you're a long way from Philly, boy."

The fact that the Phillies lost a close one 3-1 behind a solid start from Pedro Martinez didn't bother me so much having escaped Burger King with my life. ;). AJ Burnett was unhittable that night...he put on a clinic.

RichardSimon
10-29-2016, 07:21 AM
1973 Game 3.
2000 Game 5, with the awful memory of seeing the Yankees rush onto the field at Shea Stadium after the last out.

Gary Dunaier
10-29-2016, 10:15 PM
Game 2 of the 2009 World Series. Decked out in Phillies gear, we ventured to a nearby Burger King before the game. A few tense moments as a local Bronx denizen wouldn't leave me alone, heckled me past the point of good naturedness and actually said ominously "you're a long way from Philly, boy."

The fact that the Phillies lost a close one 3-1 behind a solid start from Pedro Martinez didn't bother me so much having escaped Burger King with my life. ;). AJ Burnett was unhittable that night...he put on a clinic.

I didn't have tickets but I walked around the area during the game and took pictures. Here are a couple of favorites...

As the first pitch of Game 2 is thrown (see the flat-screen TV), fans wait outside the ticket sales window hoping the Yankees will make more tickets available.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2747/4060098472_4594b4afcd_b.jpg
(Photo taken October 29, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/4060098472/in/album-72157622574967429/).)

Meanwhile, in a laundromat a couple of blocks away from the stadium (Super Laundry Of Ogden, 96 W. 162nd Street, near Ogden Avenue), a man watches the game on TV.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2439/4060115120_3424cb2e2a_b.jpg
(Photo taken October 29, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/4060115120/in/album-72157622574967429/).)

If you like those, you'll like the 78 photos I took around the stadium and its neighborhood during the game. They can be found on Flickr (link (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/albums/72157622574967429)).

Gary Dunaier
10-29-2016, 10:26 PM
Went to all three games of the 2015 World Series at Citi Field. I took plenty of photos walking around the ballpark, 'cause that's what I do at games. Here are links to my Flickr photosets:

Game 3 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/sets/72157659352813783)
Game 4 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/sets/72157662120232171)
Game 5 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/sets/72157662636143876)

kailes2872
10-29-2016, 11:51 PM
I was a big Reds fan growing up. During the 1990 season, I either watched, listened to, or attended every game that year. The Reds started out hot and then hung on for dear life - finishing 90-72. I thought that they would lose to the Pirates in the LCS, but they pulled it out.

In game 1 of the WS, Jose Rijo led the Reds to victory - I think that it was 10 or 11 - 0.

I had just started my freshman year in college. A guy on my floor named Mike Amrein came down to my room and said that he spoke to his uncle and tickets were going for $50 - would i want to go with him? I said sure.

We go to the stadium and soon realized that tickets were 200-250 apiece - quite a sum for college students. The $50 that was quoted was the face value. After about an hour, we realized that tickets were much more expensive than we had planned and we would probably have to go across the river and watch the game on TV. About that time, an older gentleman walked up to me and said - "I have a blue seat". I said, "How Much?" he said, "What it says here" - which was $50. Now, Mike was a new friend, but a friend - and he drove - so I couldn't just buy the ticket and say - see you in three hours! I bought the ticket and then sold it for $200. We then split the profit and bought 2 tickets for $400. - A net of $250 total. These tickets were underneath the scoreboard. We had to actually angle our heads during the entire game to see it.

However, it was awesome. if I recall correctly, Eck came on to pitch the 9th. A little known player named Billy Bates beat out an infield single. Joe Oliver eventually hit a double down the line and the Reds won game two. I still have the stub and the program.

After the game, people were going crazy. They were driving through town waving brooms. people were celebrating in the fountain of downtown Cincinnati. I think it was after 3am that we arrived back home - but we had attended the game.

Beyond all belief, the Reds went on to sweep that series. I look at that lineup in retrospect and am amazed that the sweep didn't go the other way.

As an aside, I was the sports director of my college radio station. The next year, I applied for and received, opening day passes to the Reds game. It was also the ring ceremony.

I was 19, so please have some grace - but

I remember that I was on the field and they were celebrating the championship. Marge Schott gave Schotzie a replica collar of the world series ring. it was probably 100-200k as it was full of diamonds. If you remember from the World Series, Eric Davis made a sliding play in game 4 and lascerated his kidney. Marge would not pay to send him home, so he had to spend 10k of his own money to get home on a medical plane.

When the rain came, they moved us underneath the stadium. I looked to my left and lo and behold, there was Schotzie, the St. Bernard.

For a brief moment, I thought to myself "I bet the team would consider me a hero if I turned around and drop kicked the dog' I would probably be banned from the stadium and would probably go to jail, but the fact that she spent all of that money on a ring/collar for the dog but wouldn't pay to send Eric Davis home would make me a popular guy in the clubhouse.

Alas, I resisted temptation and did not do anything. I love animals and could not bring myself to lash out against an innocent dog - but I was so mad at Marge for what she did.

The funniest part of that day was that they had me in the press room. I was 19 - well below drinking age - yet I was drinking beer off of the tap all day and enjoying opening day and the championship celebration.

Over the years, I moved to Pittsburgh. My love for the Reds waned and the Pirates became the families' team of choice. Yet, everytime they play the Reds I find myself a bit conflicted and never get a lot of joy in a Pirates win.

cubman1941
10-30-2016, 04:34 AM
Got back Friday from Game 2 of this years Series in Cleveland. Guess I will have been able to see the only game the Cubs are going to win in this years Series.

KingFisk
10-30-2016, 06:14 AM
I didn't have tickets but I walked around the area during the game and took pictures. Here are a couple of favorites...

As the first pitch of Game 2 is thrown (see the flat-screen TV), fans wait outside the ticket sales window hoping the Yankees will make more tickets available.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2747/4060098472_4594b4afcd_b.jpg
(Photo taken October 29, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/4060098472/in/album-72157622574967429/).)

Meanwhile, in a laundromat a couple of blocks away from the stadium (Super Laundry Of Ogden, 96 W. 162nd Street, near Ogden Avenue), a man watches the game on TV.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2439/4060115120_3424cb2e2a_b.jpg
(Photo taken October 29, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/4060115120/in/album-72157622574967429/).)

If you like those, you'll like the 78 photos I took around the stadium and its neighborhood during the game. They can be found on Flickr (link (https://www.flickr.com/photos/gary_dunaier/albums/72157622574967429)).
Cool! Wonder if you got a shot of my BK antagonist! Thanks for sharing. I was lucky enough to have a co-worker with season tickets that sold me his ticket for that game at face value. Good memories.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

brookdodger55
10-30-2016, 06:17 AM
I was at the 1986 Mets game 6 world series at 17 years old. Truly amazing experience with 2 other friends. Seats were field level near the left field foul pole. My friends father had box seats season tickets. Purchased the World Series program, over the past mant years I have 20 autographps from players on the cover of the program. Great life experience

Maddog
10-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Game 6 1996- was in next to last row in upper deck but who cared:D
Game 2 2000- was in the bleachers- Again who cared:)

wake2002
10-30-2016, 09:00 AM
1993 - Game 4 - 15-14 game, at that point I think broke the record for the most runs scored in a world series game. Game was crazy. I had won the right as a 13 year old kid to buy tickets at face value by entering a lottery, I had no money, fortunately, my Dad was able to buy them for me and him. Almost directly behind the left field foul pole at the Vet. Seats couldn't have been worse, the experience as a 13 year old kid couldn't have been better (well could have been better if Mitch Williams hadn't imploded) but even though the Phillies lost, being there to witness it with my Dad in person is still one of my favorite childhood memories.

2008 - Game 4 - No lottery this time, and I had to pay significantly above face value, but I had the opportunity to repay my Dad and take him this time. The Phillies took the lead from the start, and it was just one of those games where everyone in the stadium early on had a good feeling. So much energy, capped when the SP, Joe Blanton homered in the 5th. The place went nuts. A great experience to be there for a WS win.

2009 - Game 4 - Had a partial season plan with some friends, got the opportunity to purchase at face value. Completely different experience than when I went with my Dad, but still fun. Memories on this one are a little fuzzier as a good time was had "pre-gaming" but this one ended in another Phillies loss

Section103
10-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Game 1 of Chicago - Houston (sat with the MLB VP in charge of liscensing)

Games 1 & 2 of Detroit - St Louis

Game 3 of Boston -Colorado

zimp
10-30-2016, 10:38 AM
First game of the 1960 world series.....pirates against thr yankees

obcbobd
10-30-2016, 12:24 PM
1975 Game 2
1986 Game 3
2004 Game 1,3
2007 Game 1,2
2013 Game 1,2,6 (WS victory)

All at Fenway. Had tickets for game 6 Yanks/Mets in 2000 but it never went that far :-(

Mark
10-30-2016, 03:16 PM
First game of the 1960 world series.....pirates against thr yankees

That must have been a memorable experience.

birdman42
10-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Games 1 and 2 of the 83 series in Baltimore. (Also games 1 and 2 of the ALCS.) Game 2 was the only game I've attended with my Mom. It turns out that she and Dad use to go to games at Griffith Stadium from time to time, but once we kids came along it would be just Dad and me.

Them was the days when actual fans could buy tickets--none of this season ticketholders-only jazz. I camped out in line the night before to buy tickets when they went on sale. Got 4 for each game, but then the Os won on the road so no game 6 or 7. I didn't have to camp out for the ALCS; game 2 wasn't sold out and I couldn't sell an extra ticket outside the stadium on game day for even face value.

Collectorsince62
10-30-2016, 10:15 PM
I was an usher at Busch Stadium during the 1982 Series. Around the 7th inning of Game 7, I was told the team wanted a large security presence down by the field so no fans would run out there after the game (that didn't work out too well). My station was in the aisle in the first row behind the Cardinals dugout. So I had about the same view as the players when Bruce Sutter struck out Gorman Thomas to end the Series. And I got paid for it!

Fast forward 29 years and I was at Game 7 in 2011 with my son as the Cards took down the Rangers. An amazing memory and an even more cherished bonding moment.

thenavarro
10-30-2016, 11:18 PM
I've been to a few, but this was my favorite. I was a flag unfurler. When it got to “Banner yet wave”, we had been instructed to make the flag wave. It was incredible, the crowd went nuts, and I’ve got to admit that a couple tears streamed down my face, it was surreal. My wife is the lady on the lower far right, and I’m the wide guy in the red shirt, black shorts beside her.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/worldseries12.jpg
At the end of the Anthem, two helicopters flew over us. One had the Texas flag on the bottom, and the other had the American flag. My camera phone was able to capture it:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/worldseries13.jpg
Here’s a better photo of the choppers:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/worldseries14.jpg
Next up was the first pitch by two Texas favorites, Nolan Ryan and George W. Bush:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/worldseries15.jpg
This was my view from the camera phone:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/worldseries16.jpg
Here’s a shot from another angle that I’m going to have to get autographed eventually. You can see me taking a photo to Bush’s left, I’m the blurry wide guy in the red shirt, black shorts, holding the camera up:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/worldseries17.jpg
And here’s another shot where you can see left to right, my backside, my wife’s backside, George W. and Nolan Ryan. This is another one I hope to get autographed:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/worldseries18.jpg
After we got the flag put up (which took all of about 3 minutes, the Rangers hooked us up with a bag full of goodies, TShirts, hats, programs, etc. My wife and I then entered the Ballpark to go to the game and spied the ALCS trophies. Of course, I had to have a picture:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/worldseries19.jpg Very fun night and the Rangers won the game to boot behind an incredible Holla d pitching performance.

Leon
10-31-2016, 06:23 AM
Now that is cool. Bet those are some lifetime memories.

I've been to a few, but this was my favorite. I was a flag unfurler. When it got to “Banner yet wave”, we had been instructed to make the flag wave. It was incredible, the crowd went nuts, and I’ve got to admit that a couple tears streamed down my face, it was surreal. My wife is the lady on the lower far right, and I’m the wide guy in the red shirt, black shorts beside her.

After we got the flag put up (which took all of about 3 minutes, the Rangers hooked us up with a bag full of goodies, TShirts, hats, programs, etc. My wife and I then entered the Ballpark to go to the game and spied the ALCS trophies. Of course, I had to have a picture:
Very fun night and the Rangers won the game to boot behind an incredible Holla d pitching performance.

Sean
10-31-2016, 05:16 PM
1978 WS....game 4 at yankee stadium.

I was 9...I caught a foul ball off the bat of Reggie Smith. I was watching it on youtube last night and I think I found the pitch/foul I caught!!!

Pete, wasn't that the Reggie "hip and run" game?

Sean
10-31-2016, 05:58 PM
I went to games 3,4 and 5 in Oakland in 1974. I had just graduated high school, and with nothing better to do I took a Greyhound from Phoenix to Oakland.I had bought the tickets in advance, because in those days they didn't sell out. I was (and still am) a Cubs fan, but I wanted to see a World Series.

I had a ticket in the lower deck looking down the 1st base line. I had a perfect view when Bill Buckner singled to lead off the 8th. The ball got past Billy North in right-center. Buckner took second and tried for third, but Reggie and Dick Green threw him out.I can still remember Green taking that relay while I thought "no way can they get him." But he made a perfect throw, and saved the game.

Keith H. Thompson
10-31-2016, 06:01 PM
Lifetime Detroit fan but have had the opportunity to attend World Series games with my sons. I take no other real vacations.

1978 3, 4, 5
1998 1
1999 4
2000 1
2001 4, 5
2003. 1, 6
2004. 1
2006. 1
2007. 1
2008. 4
2009. 2
2010. 3
2012 3 4
2013 1, 3, 6
2014 4
2015 1

Keith H Thompson grand-nephew of Sam Thompson (Detroit 1885-1888, Philadelphia 1889-1898, Detroit 1906, HOF 1974)

Sean
10-31-2016, 06:03 PM
Chris,

I went to the '74 Series even though I wasn't a fan of the A's or Dodgers. I'm a baseball fan, and it was a great experience.

I also went to a concert by the Talking Heads and the B52s, and neither of them are my favorite band. :D

Sean
10-31-2016, 06:05 PM
Hey Keith, first post? Welcome to the board. :)

Keith H. Thompson
10-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Hey Keith, first post? Welcome to the board. :)
Sean, My first post and probably last. I note the Woodland address. I'm a graduate of UCDavis (1952). A classmate of mine (Phyllis Burr) lived on a farm in Woodland. I was best man at her wedding. Keith

Bestdj777
10-31-2016, 08:21 PM
Sean, My first post and probably last. I note the Woodland address. I'm a graduate of UCDavis (1952). A classmate of mine (Phyllis Burr) lived on a farm in Woodland. I was best man at her wedding. Keith

Two posts every four years isn't bad :). Do you have any of your relative's cards?

ALR-bishop
10-31-2016, 08:59 PM
I was an usher at Busch Stadium during the 1982 Series. Around the 7th inning of Game 7, I was told the team wanted a large security presence down by the field so no fans would run out there after the game (that didn't work out too well). My station was in the aisle in the first row behind the Cardinals dugout. So I had about the same view as the players when Bruce Sutter struck out Gorman Thomas to end the Series. And I got paid for it!

Fast forward 29 years and I was at Game 7 in 2011 with my son as the Cards took down the Rangers. An amazing memory and an even more cherished bonding moment.

Great story. But still glad I was at game 6 in 2011. In 1982 we got our tickets from Pee Wee Reese who was the rep for H&B( Louisville Slugger). My wife was a shareholder

dabigyankeeman
11-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Had season tickets to the first year of the Marlins. Gave them up after the first year, but then in 1997 a few days before the season I looked at the team and thought they had a great chance to go to the world series. Called up the ticket office, bought two 1/2-year season tickets that guaranteed me those seats for the post season.

Went to every post season game down here that year, and that means i was in the stadium when the world series went to extra innings and Renteria won it with a single up the middle to score Counsel. Went totally nuts!!! What an accomplishment for a team that had been around such a short time!!!

Then in 2003 the Marlins played my true love, the Yankees. Tickets sold out fast here, and had to pay scalper prices to go to one game. Marlins broke my heart by beating the Yankees in the series, but at least the game i went to was a Yankee win!!!!!

Paul S
11-06-2016, 09:08 AM
I went to games 3,4 and 5 in Oakland in 1974. I had just graduated high school, and with nothing better to do I took a Greyhound from Phoenix to Oakland.I had bought the tickets in advance, because in those days they didn't sell out. I was (and still am) a Cubs fan, but I wanted to see a World Series.

I had a ticket in the lower deck looking down the 1st base line. I had a perfect view when Bill Buckner singled to lead off the 8th. The ball got past Billy North in right-center. Buckner took second and tried for third, but Reggie and Dick Green threw him out.I can still remember Green taking that relay while I thought "no way can they get him." But he made a perfect throw, and saved the game.

Having grown up on NY and subsequently LA, there was never a chance I could have attended a WS game (I was young and my Dad wasn't really a baseball fan). Later, I moved myself to the Bay Area. When the A's made it to the Series I still had that mentality. I kicked myself in the tush when I later found out I could have walked up to the gate on the day of a game and gotten a ticket. Still haven't been to a WS game, although several playoff games.

brianp-beme
11-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Great stories everyone. I can claim to have attended a World Series ticket line, and having used my credit card to purchase tickets.

In 1998 when the Padres made the World Series I took off work to stand in line at Jack Murphy Stadium to buy tickets for a group of friends. By the time I got to the window they only had multiple seats together for game 5. They did have individual tickets for game 3. I decided against buying the game 3 ticket for myself, and purchased the group of game 5 tickets.

I am proud to say I received a full refund. However, that might have been my only shot at attending a World Series. I will probably have to settle for the glorious distinction of having purchased World Series tickets.

Brian

bigfanNY
11-06-2016, 01:22 PM
2001 Game 4 with My Son, Jeter Mr. November
2003 Game 1 again with My Son
2009 Game 2 with My Wife.

All Great memories
First Yankees Post season was a 98 ALDS game vs Rangers with the whole Family..

jsage
11-06-2016, 04:09 PM
1988 - LA Dodgers/A's - Kirk Gibson HR
1989 - SF Giants/A's - Earthquake Game
1998 - SD Padres/NY Yankees - Game 1
2000 - NY Mets/NY Yankees - Games 1-2-5
2001 - Diamondbacks/NY Yankees - Games 1-2
2002 - SF Giants/Anaheim Angels - Games 1-2 - 7
Jerry Sage

mets41
12-29-2016, 04:21 PM
1980 game 6
1986 game 1
1993 game 5

trdcrdkid
12-29-2016, 05:26 PM
I've never been to a game myself, but my dad went to game 7 in 1960 and saw Maz hit the homer, along with all the other craziness in that game. He was a student at Carnegie Tech (now Carnegie Mellon University) at the time.

Andrew1975
12-29-2016, 06:31 PM
2004 game 2
2007 game 1

sgbernard
12-29-2016, 08:23 PM
Saw 2008 Game 5, or at least the first 5 1/2 innings: I was living abroad but came to Philly for two days for a meeting, coincidentally during the WS. My dad surprised me with one ticket (he said, at that price, one was all I'd get!) for my birthday (also coincidentally around that time). When the game was suspended in the sixth, I had to face the painful fact I had to fly out the next day and couldn't see what wound up being the clinching end to Game 5. I had to give my stub to a friend who caught the last bit of the game two nights later. But at least I saw part of a WS game!

bwbc917
12-30-2016, 03:54 PM
My son took me to game 2 this year. Sadly the Tribe lost and the game never was even close. But the experience was once-in-a-lifetime. the lousy weather really dampened the whole experience and ambiance. I can only imagine how much fun it is to go to a tight ballgame, in decent weather, with a really pumped-up crowd.

Gary Dunaier
01-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Went to all three games of the 2015 World Series at Citi Field. I took plenty of photos walking around the ballpark, 'cause that's what I do at games.

And before that, what I'd do when the Yankees were in all those post-season games, I'd walk around the ballpark without tickets - not to try and buy one, but just to soak up the post-season vibe. I didn't do this every game, just once during each series, usually the first home game.

Once I even found a counterfeit ticket lying on the ground!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5248/5286979605_a5765c467e_z.jpg

A few times I'd walk around holding up a sign saying "I NEED O TICKETS" or "I DON'T NEED NO TICKETS." Some people thought that was a subtle way of saying that I actually was looking for tickets, so they'd come up to me and ask if I needed tickets. I quickly pulled out another sign: "ONLY IF THEY'RE FREE."

Good times.

jandr272
01-29-2017, 11:55 AM
Late to this thread, but I attended two Marlins home games in the '97 World Series, one of them a few rows up behind home plate. The first game went 14 or so innings and the Marlins won. I've never felt such amazing crowd energy at any other sporting event.

doug.goodman
01-29-2017, 03:07 PM
My lifelong love of the Dodgers, even though I grew up in the SF Bay area, was solidified when my dad took me to game 5 in 1974.

The first game a saw in Fenway was game 3 in 1986. Damn you Oil Can Boyd.

Doug

ullmandds
01-29-2017, 04:52 PM
Pete, wasn't that the Reggie "hip and run" game?

it was...crazy night!!!!

Fetamore
01-29-2017, 09:23 PM
In 1993 two of my daughters worked for the Phillies in the family room where players could drop off there children before the game for baby sitting. Each received a letter entitling them to one ticket to each playoff and World Series game. Yes I did, convince my wife and buy both packages. I went to all games, each with a different person. My daughters did get to one game, my wife went to one game, I went to all the games and am still recovering from the Phillies loss to Toronto.

chris6net
01-30-2017, 04:34 PM
Games 1,6,7 1986 At Shea
3,5 2000 At Shea
4,5 2015 at Citiield

aljurgela
01-31-2017, 07:39 AM
Games 1 through 7 of 2002 to see "my" Angels only WS appearance and win! The crowning moment of my "fan-hood" and well worth the $ (probably because the won)... The Game 6 comeback was amazing! Loved it!

Hot Springs Bathers
01-31-2017, 08:53 AM
I am cheating a little bit but while I have never attended a World Series game I did attend game one of the 1987 NLCS in St. Louis against San Francisco.

That afternoon while waiting outside I saw Duke Snider, Hank Aaron and dozens of other Hall of Famers walking into the stadium. An hour before the game the gates in center opened and out came the Clydesdales pulling the Budweiser wagon with Mr. Busch riding next to the driver, dalmatian barking. While the organist played the Bud theme music the wagon made two laps around the stadium with the crowd absolutely going wild. Pooper scoopers followed.

Ozzie did his flip and then Jeffrey Leonard did his home run trot with "one flap down." I have been to a couple of NFL playoff games and several bowl games but the excitement that night tops them all.

Mark70Z
01-31-2017, 10:36 AM
I've only attended one WS game and that was game 4 of the 1970 WS with my father at Memorial Stadiun, Orioles vs. Reds. What's kinda funny is it's the only game the Orioles lost, but it was a great game. I got to see Brooksie homer and thought at the time they were going to take it, but the Reds scored, I think 3 runs, late in the game to take a one run lead. Exciting game!

My father was able to go to several Orioles WS games. Game 3 and 4 of the O's vs. Dodgers he went with a friend/coworker and he'd talk about quite often. Wouldn't really talk at all about the '69 Series except to say thE O's should have won. My father passed away a couple years ago so I miss the sporting conversations immensely.

He took me to a couple of Super Bowls as well, but that's a different topic.

khkco4bls
01-31-2017, 12:11 PM
Every game 96,and 98 yankee stadium. God do I miss the old stadium

midmo
01-31-2017, 12:39 PM
I've been to several playoff games, but only one World Series so far. It was 2013 game 3 StL vs Boston (the Allen Craig obstruction call game). I seem to make it to the historically weird ones. I was also at the rally squirrel playoff game in 2011 and in 2000 when Rick Ankiel could only throw wild pitches.

wdwfan
01-31-2017, 03:51 PM
I had tickets to 2 home games in Texas when the Rangers played the Giants in 2010 and had tickets to a game in 2011. But some last-minute things came up both times, and I didn't get to go to any of the 3.. Closest I've gotten because Texas has never been back.

Joshchisox08
02-01-2017, 08:06 AM

And

Rich

Rich I hope you were rooting for the Sox in that game! Blum was the Bucky Dent in that game.