PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Morning News Mantle Investing Column

Rich Klein
10-24-2016, 12:07 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/personal-finance/2016/10/24/federal-reserve-standing-between-columnist-baseball-dream

Again, I'm interested in what you all think

Rich

Leon
10-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Saving money in a bank account with next to no percentage interest rate isn't very appealing. I wish I could play in the 500k card market but alas most of us can't. I wonder if interest rates go up do our cards potentially take a hit since then it could make more sense to have the interest? Interesting discussion and certainly has to do with the pre-war market too. Although, all that said, it doesn't seem like the mid to lower level cards have taken off the way the high end ones have.

botn
10-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Yeah the panic buying of the mid grade material that was going on over the summer has quieted down. Still see buyers putting money into the cards and for that to change, even on the high grade market, it would take much more than an interest rate hike. The high grade market is made up of buyers who can toss millions at the cards and I doubt interest rates are a factor there. I think the perception is that the sports cards have been a safe haven for money and over time, even without a manipulated market, prices rise.