PDA

View Full Version : OT The Cubs are in the World Series

kmac32
10-22-2016, 09:54 PM
Cub nation is rocking tonight. First time since 1945 that the Cubs will Go to the World Series. Need 4 more "W"s to break the streak of lack of appearances and WS wins since 1908. Go Cubs Go!

clydepepper
10-22-2016, 10:34 PM
My only regret is that Manny Ramirez had a part in this.

It's fine that Epstein, Lester, and Lackey did.

I will be pulling for the Cubbies in the Series.

Ernie and Ronnie will be watching too! God Bless 'Em'

Vintagecatcher
10-22-2016, 10:43 PM
Congrats to all Cubs fans!

Here's hoping they can close the deal, and end their curse just as the Red Sox did in 2004. As a Red Sox fan, I always liked Theo, and hope he can finish the deal with the Cubs. Plenty of former Red Sox players in this World Series.

Patrick

kmac32
10-22-2016, 10:57 PM
My only regret is that Manny Ramirez had a part in this.

It's fine that Epstein, Lester, and Lackey did.

I will be pulling for the Cubbies in the Series.

Ernie and Ronnie will be watching too! God Bless 'Em'

Ernie, Ronnie, Harry, Fergie, Billy Williams and a who host of Cubbies are proud. I have had the privelidge to meet all of them in person. All wonderful men. Go Cubs Go

rjackson44
10-23-2016, 05:49 AM
Thank god

Buythatcard
10-23-2016, 07:07 AM
I found a picture of a parade celebrating the last time the Cubs won a World Series.

Topps206
10-23-2016, 07:24 AM
This is happiness.

GoCubsGo32
10-23-2016, 07:52 AM
I'm still in shock. I've been waiting my whole life for this moment....and we ain't done yet! 4 more to go!

Any chance anyone can pick up a newspaper for me please? I live in FL and the only thing on the newspaper is UCF Knights SMH... USA Today,Florida Today, or Orlando Sentinel.nothing. Will pay of course.

Snapolit1
10-23-2016, 08:49 AM
Not a Cubs fan, but wish Ron Santo was around for this. Seemed like a gem of a guy and what he endured at the end of his life was brutal. Seemed like the kind of guy the world could use a few more of.

1952boyntoncollector
10-23-2016, 08:59 AM
When a team wins after a long long history of losing, i respect it more if championship win was against a perennial winner. When they beat another long time loser then of course ONE of those teams are going to win.

bmattioli
10-23-2016, 01:29 PM
Rooting for Tito to win his third WS.. Can't stand the Cubs or their fans..

quinnsryche
10-23-2016, 03:44 PM

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ++++++++++++++++
Amen brother!

kmac32
10-23-2016, 05:03 PM

Bruce,

With a statement like that, you sound like a Cardinal or White Sox fan. Cubs/ Indians WS is good for baseball instead of the recent, Cardinals, Yankees, Giants trend over the last couple of decades. The Cubbies have done well for the last couple of years and leave it at that.

HRBAKER
10-23-2016, 05:52 PM
As a 50+ year Cardinals fan I missed the memo that I was supposed to be upset by this. I have no rooting interest for or against either team. Hoping for a compelling, well played Series. No one deserves anything based on a history of futility, the Cubbies have been the best team in baseball all year long. Let's see if they can close the deal against a gang of scrappy well-managed over achievers from Cleveland.

Snapolit1
10-23-2016, 05:59 PM
I'm a NY fan . . . National League . . . but looking forward to the WS. Should be great. NFL? Nope. Losing interest every single year. Just love baseball. Just the best game. They can't ruin it.

kmac32
10-23-2016, 07:29 PM
As a 50+ year Cardinals fan I missed the memo that I was supposed to be upset by this. I have no rooting interest for or against either team. Hoping for a compelling, well played Series. No one deserves anything based on a history of futility, the Cubbies have been the best team in baseball all year long. Let's see if they can close the deal against a gang of scrappy well-managed over achievers from Cleveland.

Completely agree with you. Should be an interesting series and even having the best record in baseball does not guarantee a World Series win. World Series is not necessarily always the best team in baseball, it is more about who is hot at the time. Hopefully it will be my Cubbies but until there is a ring on the players hand, we never know.

frankbmd
10-23-2016, 08:31 PM
I would like to dispel the rumor that I attended the 1945 World Series at Wrigley Field, but if you attended a game at Wrigley in 1977, there is a good chance that I was there as well. One would think that we, who collect 108 year old cardboard, would relish the possibility of seeing the Cubs end their 108 year old drought, and become World Series winners once again. I fully realize that the Indians from Cleveland are in the midst of a 68 year old drought of their own, but have no hatred of the Indians or their fans. Que sera, sera.

Either way the result of the Series will have historical significance that should be appreciated by all, especially prewar card collectors. So whether you are partial to Javier "Joan" Baez or in the dugout of Terry Franconehead, relax and enjoy the games. Mordecai and Rapid Robert will be watching as well and will undoubtedly enjoy seeing their successors compete for the title.

Yeah, I'm a Cub fan, and if you can't stand me, so be it, but if the Cubs win in 5 games, I'd love to be on Clark St next Sunday night.

Orioles1954
10-23-2016, 08:48 PM
Go Indians!

GasHouseGang
10-23-2016, 09:34 PM
I would like to dispel the rumor that I attended the 1945 World Series at Wrigley...

Did you make it in '08?:D

PolarBear
10-24-2016, 08:28 AM
Wow, I didn't think anyone could hate the Cubs or Cubs fans. That's like hating puppies because they pee on your rug.

And yes, I'm a Cubs fan. :D

vintagewhitesox
10-24-2016, 08:57 AM
I have no rooting interest in either team, I'm just happy for my long suffering Cub fan friends who have put up with decades of disappointment. (Plus my wife is a Cub fan so as they say, happy wife, happy life).

But also rooting for my long suffering Indians fans who have put up with decades of disappointment

Think about this. When the Cubs last appeared in the World Series, MLB was still segregated. The lead-off hitter for the Cubs is Dexter Fowler, an african-american.

The only comfort I find in this is that the Sox won a title first, and I took my boys to their first ball game at 35th and Shields :)

Best of luck to both teams.

Joshchisox08
10-24-2016, 09:18 AM
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ++++++++++++++++
Amen brother!

While I'll root for the Tribe it's completely un-related to Francona. As bad as Cubs fans can be Red Sox fans are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse.

glenv
10-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Did MLB set the 7:08 (1908) start time on purpose?

Joshchisox08
10-24-2016, 09:25 AM
They can't ruin it.

Careful with that statement. ........

Bestdj777
10-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Wow, I didn't think anyone could hate the Cubs or Cubs fans. That's like hating puppies because they pee on your rug.

Or hating goats because they smell? :)

packs
10-24-2016, 11:52 AM
There is something enigmatic about their losing streak and I hope it continues so that the tradition stays alive. Boston fans have only gotten (somehow) even more annoying than they were before.

Cliff Bowman
10-24-2016, 07:18 PM
:D

JollyElm
10-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Don't know who I'm rooting for, but yowza!! The last time the team won the World Series was in 1908. Not only Alaska and Hawaii, but New Mexico and Arizona weren’t even states yet. The outset of World War I was still years away. It would take another 2 decades for sliced bread to be invented. Not only hadn’t it sunk, but they didn’t even start building the Titanic yet. Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks, wasn’t even a glint in his parents’ eyes until over 22 years later. And Teddy Roosevelt - you know the giant head carved into stone on Mt. Rushmore for seemingly an eternity - was the frickin’ president!!!!

BengoughingForAwhile
10-25-2016, 04:56 PM
And after missing all but the first 2 games of the 2016 season with a torn ACL Kyle Schwarber returns to DH just in time for the World Series!!! :D

Joshchisox08
10-26-2016, 09:15 AM
And after missing all but the first 2 games of the 2016 season with a torn ACL Kyle Schwarber returns to DH just in time for the World Series!!! :D

Pretty bold move on Madden's part. I don't care how good someone "can/could" be you miss a whole season and you throw him in there against and with players who've played all year he's going to be overmatched. Then again they could have had Heyward DH :D

Yes he got a hit but still. To expect anything out of him is asking a lot!

Leon
10-29-2016, 01:15 PM
I don't watch much MLB but I must say the first games have been quite the pitching battles to watch.

ALR-bishop
10-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Go Cubs Go. Wish I could be there.

Sincerely, The BILLY Goat

irishdenny
10-29-2016, 09:58 PM
"The MaGiC BeGiNs NOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!"

Down 3 Games ta 1!
Hey, The Red Sox Did iT!!!
Why Not Da Cubbies!?!?

I Have BeeN of the Purist MinD,
I Just Love ta Watch Baseball in General...
Sure I Favorite Teams, The METS BeiN my Favorite!
Up Until Now, I Really Didn't Care Who Won...

Til Taday!!!

"Com'on Cubs... Lets Do THiS!!!"
I'm Officially oN Da BandWagoN... ;)

CurtisFlood
10-30-2016, 02:06 PM
I was an Indians fan before I was a Cardinals fan. Easy call, go Tribe. Ease your pain.

Fred
10-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Let me see.... Sunday Night Football or Game 5 WS.... That wasn't too hard to pick...