PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Indians World Series Commemorative Tickets

ajenks3378
10-21-2016, 08:27 AM
I am a collector of Indians memorabilia mostly...with my main emphasis on ticket stubs from Indians events.
I have been trying for months now with the indians to purchase hard paper tickets to add to my collection. I am a season ticket holder and this option wasnt even offered to us just all digital tickets. It is very frustrating as i have every ticket and stub from every World Series game that has been played in Cleveland yet i will not be able to acquire one for this year.
I have tried every route even to calling MLB headquarters themselves but with no call back (of course).
Anyone have any contacts or other ideas? Every other team seems to have issued paper tickets because they are on ebay and there are plenty of images like the one in this post of every other teams tickets. Even MLB shop has images of ones you can purchase to "put your ticket in" hahahah
Thanks everyone maybe i am missing something or an idea.
Very frustrated.
Andy

packs
10-21-2016, 09:00 AM
Have you tried calling the stadium? Maybe there's a way for you to exchange your digital ticket for a paper ticket the day of?

T206Collector
10-21-2016, 09:10 AM
I am sure you'll be able to pick stubs up on ebay after the fact. I know for a fact that there are Indians paper tickets just like the Cubs ones you show. Just be patient.

baseball tourist
10-21-2016, 09:24 AM
I am sure you'll be able to pick stubs up on ebay after the fact. I know for a fact that there are Indians paper tickets just like the Cubs ones you show. Just be patient.

Toronto is the same situation - it's tough to find printed tix but they exist. In Toronto, the suite/skybox tix are typically printed and not e-tix. Good luck!

ajenks3378
10-23-2016, 10:05 AM
I also now have been told that they issued them to suite holders. Which is very irritating because I said I am willing to pay more to have the tickets printed for me.
If someone is willing to pay more to get printed stubs I don't see why you would tell them no. You don't have to advertise it, but you can make it available. Seems like another short sighted approach and a possible loss of a small revenue stream.
Andy

mcgwirecom
10-23-2016, 05:21 PM
Usually there are box office tickets printed and sold at the box office of all teams. I have always seen some World Series box office tickets in the past. I am also having problems finding any physical tickets from the 2015 Dodgers LDS series. I don't think they had the big colorful souvenir tickets like most teams do as you show in the first post. If anyone knows of any physicakl tickets from the 2015 Dodgers LDS game 5 I need a couple.

ajenks3378
10-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Thought I would give the great update...I would like to think I and others telling the Indians their policy of not issuing printed tickets to season ticket holders was junk helped come to this outcome:

2016 Postseason Commemorative Tickets
As a valued Season Ticket Holder of the Cleveland Indians and a continued supporter of our current World Series run, we will be providing you with a special edition, full commemorative strip of all Postseason game tickets!

The commemorative strips are slated to arrive in time for the holidays.

Please note these commemorative tickets will include your 2016 Season Ticket location, and quantities will be based on the number of seats on your account, for each one of the Postseason games.

We hope you have enjoyed this run as much as we have and thank you for your continued loyalty and support of our Cleveland Indians!

Go Tribe!

Indians Fan Services

MooseDog
10-30-2016, 07:41 AM
The San Jose Sharks stopped issuing printed tickets this year, but they did give season ticket holders a free "ticket" to go to a designated spot in the arena and you can take a picture and they will print on demand a commemorative ticket for the game with your picture.

The line is always a mile long, but for it's the only way to get a ticket if you don't consider the online printout a ticket. Anything like that going on at the WS?

As a long time ticket collector this is a sad trend.

mcgwirecom
10-30-2016, 02:52 PM
There have been a few of these show up on Ebay so they do exist but they are selling for high prices.

Gary Dunaier
11-03-2016, 08:20 PM
http://net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=249744&stc=1&d=1477860706

If the original poster is a season ticket holder, I'm surprised he didn't get this style ticket in the first place. But as I'm reviewing the other posts in this thread, I'm equally surprised to see that not all eligible teams offer them. I thought when it came to the post-season, MLB was the one who was in charge of things like this.i

mcgwirecom
11-04-2016, 08:51 PM
I think MLB makes the standard ticket available but its up to the teams to use them. Last year the Dodgers didn't seem to have this type of ticket for the playoffs and I need an LDS game 5 to complete my run of Daniel Murphy 6 consecutive playoff games with a HR run. If anyone has one or even a box office variety let me know. I don't believe they had them this year either.

RTK
11-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Have you tried calling the stadium? Maybe there's a way for you to exchange your digital ticket for a paper ticket the day of?

I tried at Wrigley during the NLCS. It's something the Cubs do for $5 during the regular season. I was told by the fan services people that MLB would not allow it for the playoffs, they control the tickets for the playoffs, not the individual teams