PDA

View Full Version : Sleeves safe?

Manny Trillo
10-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Are there any card penny sleeves out there to avoid? Or are they all pretty much safe for your cards. I don't want chemicals or residue leaching into the card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Neal
10-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Not sure about penny sleeves, but I keep the majority of my raw cards in Card Saver I's .... I like em

Vintagevault13
10-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Stick with Ultra Pro or BCW and you are fine. Both are acid-free and PVC-free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bocabirdman
10-18-2016, 07:56 PM

Are there really any others? By the way which company makes the sleeves that are slightly larger to easily accommodate the 54/55/56 Topps?

Sorry. I do not mean to hijack this thread..:eek:

DBesse27
10-18-2016, 08:38 PM

+1

Eric72
10-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Are there really any others? By the way which company makes the sleeves that are slightly larger to easily accommodate the 54/55/56 Topps?

Sorry. I do not mean to hijack this thread..:eek:

Ultra-Pro makes "vintage" sleeves and top-loaders. They are slightly larger and accommodate 1952-56 Topps and similarly sized cards.

Bocabirdman
10-19-2016, 03:52 AM
Ultra-Pro makes "vintage" sleeves and top-loaders. They are slightly larger and accommodate 1952-56 Topps and similarly sized cards.

Thank You Eric.

steve B
10-19-2016, 11:57 AM
An interesting thing to note, penny sleeves will survive a lot of sun exposure. Like 2-3 years. Eventually they get very brittle, and will flake apart from a slight touch but they've still prevented almost all the fading. Pretty impressive for such an inexpensive product.

Steve B

irv
10-19-2016, 06:23 PM

I have both on order for my 52 Topps cards but have been waiting for 3 months or longer now to get them.

Anyone else currently been waiting that long too?

Vintagevault13
10-19-2016, 07:15 PM
I have both on order for my 52 Topps cards but have been waiting for 3 months or longer now to get them.

Anyone else currently been waiting that long too?

3 months is crazy. I have always bought on EBay and got them in a week or less. Did you order directly from UltraPro?

irv
10-19-2016, 07:54 PM
3 months is crazy. I have always bought on EBay and got them in a week or less. Did you order directly from UltraPro?

I tried 2 CDN sources, one on E-Bay and the other a local card shop and with both places, it's the same story.

My local card shop has the vintage holders in now and the sleeves are suppose to be in tomorrow?

It might be the CDN factor or the fact these vintage cards aren't plentiful/popular up here so demand is low?

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but he told me they'd be in Saturday too.

irv
10-24-2016, 01:07 PM
I tried 2 CDN sources, one on E-Bay and the other a local card shop and with both places, it's the same story.

My local card shop has the vintage holders in now and the sleeves are suppose to be in tomorrow?

It might be the CDN factor or the fact these vintage cards aren't plentiful/popular up here so demand is low?

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but he told me they'd be in Saturday too.

Picked up my new Vintage holders and sleeves this past Saturday.
Going to get around over the next little while transferring my 52 Topps cards out of their old holders into these new ones and sleeves.

When I purchased the ones that currently hold my cards, it was over 25-30yrs ago, and some barely cut the grade as far as size go.
I also like the fact I will now be able to remove the cards occasionally without fear of placing them back in the holders and dinging the edges/corners when they are in the sleeves. :)
I picked up 200 of each for $35 CDN.