PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Identify This Lou Criger Item?

quinnsryche
10-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Can anyone offer any information on this item? 6" H x 4.5" W, thin paper. Obviously some sort of medical advert but what year, how many in a set and a value? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Contact me direct if interested, it is available.
Thanks,
Tony

spec
10-16-2016, 07:29 PM
I believe this is the back cover of a booklet or magazine. Not part of a series.

Al C.risafulli
10-16-2016, 08:53 PM
It is. It's part of an advertising pamphlet for pain pills. There's a complete one in the next LOTG auction, and I'm aware of another that resides in the collection of a board member. It's a really interesting piece, filled with testimonials from people for all the different things these pain pills cure - Criger is the only athlete (or celebrity of any kind, I believe) included in the pamphlet. The only image of Criger is the one pictured above, which is on the back cover.

-Al

quinnsryche
10-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Interesting. Thanks the info. Was hoping it was a rare "card" type premium!

slidekellyslide
10-16-2016, 10:15 PM
People sell it all the time as a "card premium". I just recently sold the whole booklet on ebay and was really disappointed in what I got out of it. Let's just say it was hundreds of dollars less than what some people have sold the "card premium" for.

bbcard1
10-17-2016, 08:28 AM
I think it is fascinating, but then again I am from Roanoke.

Leon
10-19-2016, 02:26 PM
Interesting. Thanks the info. Was hoping it was a rare "card" type premium!

It used to be :( .... I think I acquired the one I had as one.