PDA

View Full Version : Dak Prescott or Tony Romo when he returns?

KCRfan1
10-14-2016, 01:28 PM
There's a little delima that may be brewing in Dallas.

What to do when Romo begins working out and is game ready, should the Cowboys hand the reigns back over to him, or arguably do what's best for the team and continue to go with Prescott.

Prescott has said all along " It's Romo's team ", and while that's all well and good, just may not be in the team's best interest. I would expect any team member to say this regardless of the situation, and the unwritten rule that players don't lose their job to an injury.

However, the Cowboys are really humming, and are doing it without Romo or Bryant! Whitten has been rather quite in the stat department as well, but I suspect IS the leader in the locker room.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in Jerry Jone's office, and the locker room!

There has to be some very personal thoughts going on with the players and owner as well!

Prescott has been impressive. Romo is not getting younger. I would go with Prescott.

Whichever way Dallas decides to move, I'm very interested to see how Romo handles it.

What are your thoughts?

D. Bergin
10-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Prescott, no question about it, and plenty of QB's have lost their starting jobs due to injury. This unwritten rule is "unwritten" for a reason.

As a Giants fan I have massive respect for Romo, as he's constantly killed us on the field, and he's gutty as hell, but Prescott seems primed for a run right now.

Only way Prescott should lose the job is if he gets hurt himself, or he runs into a massive regression during his Rookie year.

Only way Romo should get the job back is if Prescott gets hurt. Romo actually needs a full year or more off IMO. It's almost irresponsible to bring him back. He seems to break a bone every other time he gets hit now.

Let him heal up as a backup and possibly have a nice little resurgence a year or two down the road with a decent team in need of a veteran QB.