PDA

View Full Version : Bad 1955 signed All American's

Duluth Eskimo
10-13-2016, 06:56 AM
I just wanted to notify the community about some signed cards on Ebay that I believe are no good. The seller is a.v.i.t.consultants out of Palm Springs CA. They are selling a large group of rare "signed" 1955 All American's which is the only signed cards I collect. I have been buying them for years. Initially I was very excited to see this grouping come up for sale and made them an offer, but upon further review, I don't believe any of them are authentic. They also told me they have a larger group for sale that has not been listed as well. These are being sold on consignment i'm told. This is only my opinion so take it for what it's worth. Being they are in California, I asked if they are being consigned from Jose Tijero. On a side note, if anyone has any authentic signed 55 AA's for sale, I would be interested. Take care, Jason

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Topps-All-American-signed-card-BILL-DADDIO-Pittsburgh-dec-1989-/311715732864?hash=item4893b49d80:g:6VkAAOSw8gVX-oYJ

Michael B
10-13-2016, 10:48 AM
The D's in Bill Daddio and Dan "Tiger" Hill look quite similar on the whole. The final stroke to end the D is different, but the first down stroke then the formation of the bottom of the letter is very similar, almost identical

Duluth Eskimo
10-13-2016, 11:20 AM
I became suspicious and looked quite hard at each letter in the signatures as well as pen pressure. No one wants this group to be good more than me. On first glance, they are close. Upon close inspection, formation is terrible and pen pressure is way off

th38larg
10-13-2016, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I'm no expert on signatures, but the placement/clarity seems too perfect. Any time I see autographed cards my initial reaction is always something like "Oh I wish they could have picked a better place to sign..." Here the placement and alignment is so dang good it's suspicious.