PDA

View Full Version : How Long Do You Wait For A Payment in BST?

Buythatcard
10-10-2016, 06:40 PM
I have been selling on eBay for over 13 years until I decided to try and sell a few things via Net54 BST.
One of the items that I listed sold this past Saturday night. A few minutes after it sold, I sent off an eMail to the winner asking them for their address so that I could determine the S/H and send off an invoice. Didn't hear back so I sent another one Sunday night and once again I did not receive a response. It's only 48 hours since the transaction ended but I was wondering how long does one wait for a payment or even an acknowledgement?
On eBay, i usually wait 7 days but I thought that dealing with fellow board members would be a little smoother.

vintagebaseballcardguy
10-10-2016, 06:44 PM
If I were your buyer, you would receive a nearly instant payment from me unless you and I had already made other arrangements.

Leon
10-10-2016, 06:45 PM
The fact he hasn't responded means he might not even know he won. Pm and email and if you don't hear something in 3-4 days PM me and I will be glad to help any way I can.

I have been selling on eBay for over 13 years until I decided to try and sell a few things via Net54 BST.
One of the items that I listed sold this past Saturday night. A few minutes after it sold, I sent off an eMail to the winner asking them for their address so that I could determine the S/H and send off an invoice. Didn't hear back so I sent another one Sunday night and once again I did not receive a response. It's only 48 hours since the transaction ended but I was wondering how long does one wait for a payment or even an acknowledgement?
On eBay, i usually wait 7 days but I thought that dealing with fellow board members would be a little smoother.

Buythatcard
10-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Thanks Leon. I already sent him a PM and eMail on Saturday and Sunday. Will give him a few more days.

savedfrommyspokes
10-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Not sure where this buyer is located, but if they reside along the east coast from NC to FL, they may not have power.

EvilKing00
10-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Not sure where this buyer is located, but if they reside along the east coast from NC to FL, they may not have power.

Thats a very good point, maybe if the op tells leon who the buyer is leon can check his ip to see what state hes from.

Leon
10-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Good point.

Howard, if you want to PM me who it is I can at least tell you where the number is registered. However, I know quite a few folks who have numbers, nowadays, that aren't from their local areas. So it isn't foolproof but it's a start.

Thats a very good point, maybe if the op tells leon who the buyer is leon can check his ip to see what state hes from.

bobbyw8469
10-10-2016, 09:53 PM
I can vouch for that. Alot of my friends in NC are still without power.

clydepepper
10-11-2016, 03:45 AM
Howard- they also may have just gone away for the three-day weekend. I don't worry until it's been a week.

Not everyone watches even those items they have bids for...they just check back after the auction has concluded.

While I am one of those who watch and generally am prepared to pay quicker than the seller is ready to receive, I can understand when others don't handle it exactly the same way.

Most everyone I have dealt with is prompt.

-Raymond

Buythatcard
10-11-2016, 05:16 AM
All great points especially the fact that the South was hit with a bad storm. Not really worried about the sale because it can easily be resold.

Leon, I will send you the username to see if this person is from the affected area.

This was an experiment for me to see if I can do better selling on the BST than selling on eBay. Getting so frustrated with eBay's policies and fees

Thanks for all of you who posted.

Leon
10-11-2016, 06:28 AM
I sent you the person's registered phone number state. Honestly I don't think you will get quite the price from the BST auction section as you do ebay, at least I haven't. But there are far fewer rules and no fees either. As for the other sections, I do quite a bit of buying and selling over there.

All great points especially the fact that the South was hit with a bad storm. Not really worried about the sale because it can easily be resold.

Leon, I will send you the username to see if this person is from the affected area.

This was an experiment for me to see if I can do better selling on the BST than selling on eBay. Getting so frustrated with eBay's policies and fees

Thanks for all of you who posted.

Aquarian Sports Cards
10-11-2016, 06:36 AM
ANd I'll go on record as saying that buythatcard is super trustworthy. I used to buy from them a LOT at auction on ebay and still do occasionally. They have built up a stellar reputation over time and their selling efforts on this board are most welcome, to me at least!

Leon
10-11-2016, 06:45 AM
Bad sellers don't last long around here. With around 8000 members we have 16000 eyes helping police it. And as always, PLEASE PM me or another moderator with any funny business or crappola that goes on over there. I promise it will be looked into....

And yes, I have bought from BUYTHATCARD (hi Howard) many times in the past and hope to in the future. One of the best ebayers, imho....

ANd I'll go on record as saying that buythatcard is super trustworthy. I used to buy from them a LOT at auction on ebay and still do occasionally. They have built up a stellar reputation over time and their selling efforts on this board are most welcome, to me at least!