PDA

View Full Version : Check out this "Tone spot"

Rookiemonster
10-08-2016, 07:12 PM
This card is obviously altered . It been recolored atleast it's not trimmed .i have been seeing more and more of this on eBay . I acculy just bought a trimmed card that once I took it out of the bubble mailer I was like oh sh!t it's trimmed .https://www.ebay.com/itm/162232554889

Johnny630
10-09-2016, 08:26 AM
This card does possibly look trimmed up top. I do have to say that I've bought a couple of cards from this seller and he is top notch when it comes to having any kinda problems, like trimming, altered or re colored, any issues not receiving a grade from a TPG. He will give the buyer a full refund and return, re list the card, alerting the next perspective buyer of its issues from TPG.

But I'm with you in general for a lot of bad cards being sold online. I'm very Leary unless the card is graded.

:-)

Rookiemonster
10-13-2016, 07:57 AM
This card is climbing fast ! Maybe I should touch up a few of my cards and throw them on eBay as tone spots .

pokerplyr80
10-13-2016, 01:49 PM
This seller has been discussed several times here, along with battlefield. Caveat emptor.

irv
10-13-2016, 01:55 PM
This seller has been discussed several times here, along with battlefield. Caveat emptor.

Their ad/pics are honest and they have zero negative/neutral feedback?

I've never dealt with them but are you sure this is who you mean?

pokerplyr80
10-14-2016, 10:37 AM
Their ad/pics are honest and they have zero negative/neutral feedback?

I've never dealt with them but are you sure this is who you mean?

I have never bought from this seller either but yes great Lakes has been mentioned several times on this forum. From what I understand if their cards aren't altered the grade won't match the description. I won't be buying. If you give it a shot let us know how it goes.

irv
10-14-2016, 12:29 PM
I have never bought from this seller either but yes great Lakes has been mentioned several times on this forum. From what I understand if their cards aren't altered the grade won't match the description. I won't be buying. If you give it a shot let us know how it goes.

Thanks. I don't ever recall reading anything about them before, but maybe I haven't been around here long enough?