PDA

View Full Version : T206 Wagner & Plank fake or real

Taxman
10-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Do these Plank & Wagner look wrong? Both look artificially aged and cases look compromised?

Taxman
10-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Guy has them posted on Facebook.

Taxman
10-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Wagner back has factory 30

Mountaineer1999
10-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Not sure about fake but i am sure if I owned them I would not advertise them on Facebook

drcy
10-07-2016, 10:44 PM
How much is he advertising them for? That might answer your question.

If he doesn't show the entire card(s), it's should be an automatic pass. I can understand a small watermark, but cropping out large and important parts of the card should be enough for a buyer to simply pass.

Taxman
10-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Not for sale just self gratification by saying they are his. Once I started asking questions about factory number of Wagner he deleted the post.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSACARDS/

drcy
10-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Okay then. I agree with your original opinion.

ajjohnsonsoxfan
10-08-2016, 12:19 AM
1000% fake

Sean1125
10-08-2016, 06:00 AM
Based on the fact that he offered me a "rose 9" shortly after I sold one and I made him an obscene offer on it he instantly "had it sold" and "it was unavailable" then deleted and blocked me.

This guy is a complete fraud and does this to impress people who don't know any better. Facebook is... Well... This is why I stayed off facebook for pretty much my entire life.

Taxman
10-08-2016, 06:06 AM
Well I've now been blocked for pointing out he was a fraud.

TCMA
10-08-2016, 05:33 PM
I've seen those cards posted before. What group is he posting them in now?

Taxman
10-08-2016, 07:24 PM
This is why he covers up the grade

swarmee
10-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Not really; most likely fake flips in fake/cracked holders.

Sean
10-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Not really; most likely fake flips in fake/cracked holders.

I think that he covers the cert#s because they're fake. If someone checked with PSA they wouldn't match.

PolarBear
10-08-2016, 10:09 PM
http://forums.collectors.com/attachments%5C/Vreenak.jpg

JustinD
10-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Um.

Charlie Faust III
10-09-2016, 11:01 AM
I take a complete different approach to this thread and always give the benefit of doubt to the initiator of the thread, with all due respect.

First, I ask myself; what can I learn from pics of these two cards posted? To date, all known T206 Wagner and Planks that have been seen by us online collectors, I believe are documented. Are these two cards in that database? Not all collectors of T206 are on the internet so it is almost a certainty that there are more.

I once talked to an old guy that was 97 years old and just happened to ask him if he was on the internet? He asked me to repeat and so I did as I got closer to his ear. He then replied by saying; what? Can you repeat that again please son?

It was at that point that I knew that he had no clue what I was even talking about. I wasn't surprised because I was just passing through a small corn town in the middle of nowhere North Dakota. When I entered the town; the green and white sign said population 109 .He wasn't the oldest guy I saw in that little town. I just remembered that when I last saw a cell tower; it was at my previous gas stop five hours earlier in western North Dakota.

Take Care Charlie

Leon
10-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Sometimes things that sound strange are just strange things. It happens.

btw, I would imagine most Wagners and Planks on FB and Craigslist aren't good, for one reason or another, but there is always that chance.

I take a complete different approach to this thread and always give the benefit of doubt to the initiator of the thread, with all due respect.

First, I ask myself; what can I learn from pics of these two cards posted? To date, all known T206 Wagner and Planks that have been seen by us online collectors, I believe are documented. Are these two cards in that database? Not all collectors of T206 are on the internet so it is almost a certainty that there are more.

I once talked to an old guy that was 97 years old and just happened to ask him if he was on the internet? He asked me to repeat and so I did as I got closer to his ear. He then replied by saying; what? Can you repeat that again please son?

It was at that point that I knew that he had no clue what I was even talking about. I wasn't surprised because I was just passing through a small corn town in the middle of nowhere North Dakota. When I entered the town; the green and white sign said population 109 .He wasn't the oldest guy I saw in that little town. I just remembered that when I last saw a cell tower; it was at my previous gas stop five hours earlier in western North Dakota.

Take Care Charlie