PDA

View Full Version : We lost another collector

vic
10-07-2016, 05:06 PM
It is with great sadness that I have to report that Tom Faith ,my friend, and a

long time collector of anything related to baseball has passed away. Tom you

will be missed . Rest in Peace my friend.

Leon
10-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Condolences to family and friends....It is always sad when collectors who are friends are no longer with us.

Tim Kindler
10-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Condolences to Tom's family and friends such as Vic. Leon is correct, when we lose friends whom we've shared great collecting memories and occasions with, it is difficult and sad. For about a ten year period there were three of us that attended every National and then Dave was taken from us much too soon. Now we have a toast to him at the National.
Best wishes,
Tim Kindler

clydepepper
10-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Here's to wishing fresh, unopened packs for Tom upon his arrival.

RIP

tedzan
10-08-2016, 08:15 AM
I met Tom Faith at the Willow Grove Show in 1985. He came to my table inquiring about 1949 Bowman PCL cards.....which I had, and we did
a nice trade (he had 1941 Play Ball cards to trade).

That was the start of a 30+ year friendship. We got together many times over these years to do some very interesting trades. Tom was a set
collector (as I am) and his vast collection comprised of T205, T206 sets, Goudey sets, Play Ball and Bowman sets. Plus a vast amount of Type
cards and sports related memorabilia.

Tom a Research Engineer and I an Electronics Engineer, we had a lot in common. But, not in sports, Tom was a Mets and Giants (FB) fan and
I a Yankees and Redskins fan. And, we had some very spirited discussions over the years.

Those of us who knew Tom will miss him very much.

GOD Bless your soul, Tom....and, may GOD comfort your family.

TED Z

jbsports33
10-08-2016, 03:52 PM
God Bless!

Jimmy

Rich Klein
10-09-2016, 12:36 AM
I heard from Ted (and others) many good things about Mr. Faith and IIRC we did a couple of things together back in the day. A real good person and RIP Mr. Faith

Rich

soundlabz
10-20-2016, 07:53 PM
Hello I was a friend of Tom's working on a documentary of his life. Anyone with information that would be beneficial to the project can you please reach out to me please.

rjackson44
10-21-2016, 05:41 AM
Nice write up Ted sorry for your loss your a class act