PDA

View Full Version : Displaying a game used base

Gldwebs
10-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Hi all,

I had a question about displaying of a game used base. It's not a vintage base (its actually 3rd base from the end of the Sept 16th 2016 Cubs game when they clinched the division) and has the large metal post still attached. I want to frame it and hang it on the wall, but that metal post underneath gets in the way. Would it diminish the value of the base to remove the post or should I keep it still attached and do something else with it? I'm "hoping" removing it is not a big deal because I am also getting a base from tonight's NLDS game and want to put them up together on the wall (hoping for a perfecta of 1 from each of the 3 playoff series and the division clincher to hang up).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bestdj777
10-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Is there a way to unscrew it or somehow disconnect it without damaging it? I cannot imagine it makes a huge difference in price, but my only reference point is my Yankees one, which didn't come with that (I wouldn't have bought it if it had a post given the difficulties of displaying it). Good luck and please post pictures when you are done.

thecatspajamas
10-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Why not just cut a hole in the drywall and stick the post in to hang it? :D

(or maybe your man cave is a little classier than mine...)

Gldwebs
10-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Considering we actually want to sell the house at some point, the hole in the wall option is not possible (I did contact sidereal it). I'll post some pics when I get home of the back. It didn't look like you could easily remove the posts. I literally got it 5minutes after the game ended and mlb put the hologram on the back.

mrozie21
10-07-2016, 02:14 PM
You should be able to take off the stem, their should be a set of screws on the back.