PDA

View Full Version : A.C. Dietsche 1908 Post Cards

SAllen2556
10-07-2016, 06:29 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows a sure-fire way to tell the difference between the real thing and a reprint. I've looked at both, blown them up, changed the contrast, etc. and I just can't tell. Maybe it's the quality of the pictures I've seen, but the reprints look really good - the fronts even seem to show an imprint of the back lettering. Any help would be appreciated!

ls7plus
10-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Unless they've changed and greatly advanced their counterfeiting methods, the originals should show a linear, regular dot pattern under 16X magnification or so. If a picture was taken of an original and the latter re-screened, the dot pattern will be irregular and random in appearance.

Hope this helps,

Larry

SAllen2556
10-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Unless they've changed and greatly advanced their counterfeiting methods, the originals should show a linear, regular dot pattern under 16X magnification or so. If a picture was taken of an original and the latter re-screened, the dot pattern will be irregular and random in appearance.

Hope this helps,

Larry

Thank you very much! I wasn't looking at everything but the dot pattern. Very much appreciated!