PDA

View Full Version : Card values

mybestbretts
10-06-2016, 06:25 PM
I find it difficult to find the value of semi-rare/rare cards. Is there a site, besides looking at solds on ebay (doesn't work on rare cards) and PSA is so lame and old besides.

I would appreciate any suggestions

jstef
10-06-2016, 08:48 PM
If you are willing to pay $3.99 for a 1 day membership, Vintage Card Prices has a records of most graded card sales over the last several years.

bswhiten
10-06-2016, 08:51 PM
if you are willing to pay $3.99 for a 1 day membership, vintage card prices has a records of most graded card sales over the last several years.

+1 vcp

ls7plus
10-06-2016, 11:04 PM
If you are willing to pay $3.99 for a 1 day membership, Vintage Card Prices has a records of most graded card sales over the last several years.
+1--VCP does a nice job!

Larry

mybestbretts
10-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Thanks, I shall do that

Sandy

Zach Wheat
10-09-2016, 01:25 PM
I find it difficult to find the value of semi-rare/rare cards. Is there a site, besides looking at solds on ebay (doesn't work on rare cards) and PSA is so lame and old besides.

I would appreciate any suggestions

www.cardtarget.com is also a good site. It tracks almost all major sets and only requires you to log in. The owner of the site is a member of N54 and a number of N54'ers had helped classify eBay data for their database back when the site was new.

The site doesn't distinguish between say, '52 gray backs, but it does give good sales data for cards in all half grad increments. This is quite suitable for most of my purposes.

Z

JollyElm
10-09-2016, 03:34 PM
www.cardtarget.com is also a good site. It tracks almost all major sets and only requires you to log in. The owner of the site is a member of N54 and a number of N54'ers had helped classify eBay data for their database back when the site was new.

The site doesn't distinguish between say, '52 gray backs, but it does give good sales data for cards in all half grad increments. This is quite suitable for most of my purposes.

Z

Hey, what do the prices on cardtarget represent? Is it some sort of recent average, or is it specifically the last price realized somewhere on a card in that particular grade?
Thanks.

JollyElm
10-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Whoops, I just realized there is a pull-down menu that gives you options like 'average' and 'last.' Excellent.