PDA

View Full Version : Goodwin & Co., Masterpieces & Uncommon Commons LXVII Ends Today 10/6/2016

Leon
10-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Our valued advertiser, Goodwin & Co. is closing a great auction this evening. This is a courtesy call for all those interested in some great cards up for sale....Good luck to consignors, bidders and the AH. Here is a blurb they put out today...

Dear Collector,
I would like to welcome you to Masterpieces and Uncommon Commons LXVIII. As the baseball season draws to a close, here's hoping your favorite team is still in the race and your summer has been as enjoyable as mine.
With 900 lots in this catalog, there are simply too many highlights to cover in this letter so here are just a few to pique your interest.

Leading off is the true Mickey Mantle rookie, the 1951 Bowman issue, in a PSA 8 holder. Lot #2 is the hobby's iconic 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle graded SGC 7.5. One of the finest cards we have ever presented is the 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax rookie in mint grade. Over the years, we have previously auctioned 2 Koufax rookies both graded PSA 10 and we can honestly say that this magnificent card offered in Lot #3 is a far better example than the two 10s previously sold.
This auction has an abundance of key rookie cards in high grade including Roberto Clemente, Willie Mays, Stan Musial, Jackie Robinson, Walter Johnson, Whitey Ford, Satchel Paige, Nolan Ryan, Tris Speaker, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas and many more. Also, every 1957 Topps star and minor star from Williams to Herzog is presented in a PSA 8 near mint to mint grade. Looking for T206s? Look no further as we have a complete set, less the big 4, offered in individual lots. We would be amiss not to mention the breathtaking 1953 Willie Mays in mint condition and the red 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth in a PSA 7.
Thanks for your interest and I sincerely hope you enjoy this auction

Bill Goodwin
http://goodwinandco.com/catalog.aspx

Snapolit1
10-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Reports of a widespread market crash appear premature.

Jersey City Giants
10-07-2016, 01:49 PM
I nabbed a few for my Monster attempt.

rats60
10-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Reports of a widespread market crash appear premature.

No one has said the market is crashing. His 52 Topps Mantle sold for less than his seller bought it from Goldin a few months ago. The 140-150k that he was getting out of Clemente RC 8 is now 42k. A definite correction from hyped sales from earlier in the year.

bobbyw8469
10-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Agreed. Those bloated prices were hardly sustainable.