PDA

View Full Version : Post War SGC Set Builders?

RayBShotz
10-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Any Post War SGC Set Builders here?

I'm about 1/3 of the way through a 65T Set in SGC holders. Wasn't planning on that approach but a series of events including a large lot purchase got me started and I really like the way this particular year presents in an SGC holder.
I'll share a few cards here.

Please share your SGC set building experiences with images.
RayB

Neal
10-04-2016, 03:40 PM
They pop in those holders!
I recall seeing a lot of 65s, as well as other postwar lots, in the current sterling sports auction

Not mine, so not a plug :)

vintagebaseballcardguy
10-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Love the '65s, and those SGC holders look nice!

bnorth
10-04-2016, 04:22 PM
I was going to send in my 59 Fleer Ted Williams set to get graded on last months special. Then their stupid Fn submission form only goes to 100 cards. I had another 40-50 cards I wanted to include in the order. When I got to 100 cards and their Fn submission form would not let me list all the cards I wanted to submit I figured they must not need my business and canceled the submission.

vintagebaseballcardguy
10-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Ray, I have several of the cards from my '53 Topps set in SGC holders. Nothing super high grade but no creasing and reasonably well centered:

irv
10-04-2016, 05:18 PM
I was going to send in my 59 Fleer Ted Williams set to get graded on last months special. Then their stupid Fn submission form only goes to 100 cards. I had another 40-50 cards I wanted to include in the order. When I got to 100 cards and their Fn submission form would not let me list all the cards I wanted to submit I figured they must not need my business and canceled the submission.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but couldn't you continue on using another form?

I have never submitted nor do I know what an Fn submission form is so excuse my ignorance.

bnorth
10-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Not trying to be a smart ass, but couldn't you continue on using another form?

I have never submitted nor do I know what an Fn submission form is so excuse my ignorance.

Yes and no. I am going to call SGC and ask the proper way to handle the 100+ card submission. I was just pissed that after spending the time to fill out the 100 cards it would not let me list everything on one form with out submitting one 100 card lot and then start out with a completely new submission form with new shipping/payment info.

Fn= bad F word that rimes with duck.:)

irv
10-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Yes and no. I am going to call SGC and ask the proper way to handle the 100+ card submission. I was just pissed that after spending the time to fill out the 100 cards it would not let me list everything on one form with out submitting one 100 card lot and then start out with a completely new submission form with new shipping/payment info.

I understand that, that would be frustrating for sure.

I thought that might be what the fn stood for but wasn't 100% sure. ;)

RayBShotz
10-04-2016, 06:41 PM

Make your own spreadsheet of all the cards with the appropriate columns of information.
Fill out the top of the SGC form and type in the body of the form "see attached spreadsheet".
Works like a charm.
Best of luck grading the set.
RayB

RayBShotz
10-04-2016, 06:42 PM
They pop in those holders!
I recall seeing a lot of 65s, as well as other postwar lots, in the current sterling sports auction

Not mine, so not a plug :)

Neal; I saw that as well.
A number of cheap lots.
Good luck to you if you pursue them.
RayB

smtjoy
10-05-2016, 12:57 PM
I also just send in a spreadsheet, makes life easy.

bnorth
10-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Make your own spreadsheet of all the cards with the appropriate columns of information.
Fill out the top of the SGC form and type in the body of the form "see attached spreadsheet".
Works like a charm.
Best of luck grading the set.
RayB

I also just send in a spreadsheet, makes life easy.

Thank you for the help. Now I just have to figure out how to make a spreadsheet and attach it to the online submission form.:)

RayBShotz
10-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Just print them both out; stick it in the box with the cards and send the whole thing in the mail.
RayB

almostdone
10-08-2016, 06:14 AM

??? Fnuck muck be a South Dakota word.:D
Drew