PDA

View Full Version : TTM autographs through address on Tiger Woods' website

mattjc1983
09-28-2016, 09:18 AM
Has anyone pursued a TTM autograph through the address listed on Tiger Woods' website, and if so, any thoughts?

http://www.tigerwoods.com/help/faq

There does appear to be at least some chance that you would get something in return, but I would have to guess that based on the volume it's almost sure to be preprinted/auto-penned at best.

Duluth Eskimo
09-28-2016, 11:20 AM
This may have changed since he has not been participating or winning any tournaments in an attempt to help his public status. I believe he had a contract with Upper Deck preventing him from signing like this. He has only rarely signed at tournaments since signing with UD. Prior to that, he did sign by mail with IMG publicity photos that I believe are good signatures, but there is disagreement about their authenticity. Anything is worth a try I guess, but probably auto pen or preprint. Tiger is a tool and I would be highly surprised if he did anything for anyone other than himself.

mattjc1983
09-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Tiger is a tool and I would be highly surprised if he did anything for anyone other than himself.

You'll get no argument from me :)

Thanks for your response!

Ryan1125
09-29-2016, 12:43 PM
0.000% chance. Don't waste your stamps.

Jack Nicklaus signs though, he's a good one to get for sure.

mattjc1983
09-29-2016, 12:49 PM
I got Jack a few years ago, what an amazing guy. I'm not terribly familiar with his signature so I guess it's not impossible that it's a secretarial or autopen, but it's certainly live ink.

Come to think of it though I think it might be personalized (which would take autopen out of the equation I would guess); I'll have to check.

Stampsfan
10-02-2016, 12:26 AM
Nicklaus is indeed a willing signer. I got an autograph directly from him as he was playing a practice round in Banff, Alberta, a few years back, prior to a Skins game.

One thing about a Nicklaus signature is that any I've seen are ALWAYS well penned... a beautiful autograph.