PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Ruth?

Bestdj777
09-27-2016, 06:25 PM
Hi all,

I picked this up about a year ago and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the signature, to the extent you can see it? It's on a period ball and has another signature on it that I cannot identify, so my thought was either genuine or a club house.

Thank you,

Chris
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p669/debonochris/Ball1_zpsvzngxr1f.jpg

Lordstan
09-27-2016, 06:30 PM
I am sorry, but I can't see the sig. Perhaps if you scan it in and fiddle with the setting, you can create the effect of a black light that will show the auto more clearly.

Bestdj777
09-28-2016, 08:20 AM
I am sorry, but I can't see the sig. Perhaps if you scan it in and fiddle with the setting, you can create the effect of a black light that will show the auto more clearly.

Thanks Mark. I'll have to find a friend with a decent scanner or bring it into work and try that out. The signature is so faint that, unfortunately, that the picture I attached has been the clearest I have been able to make it look.

I bought it from a board member and have had it for a while, but neither of us have been able to reach a definitive answer as to the club house v. real thing. I've been tempted to send it in to PSA or JSA as they seem to have the tools to photograph it better, but I cannot see spending a couple of hundred dollars to get that done.

Sivart31
09-28-2016, 09:49 AM
Did you try to enlarge the pic and take a screen shot?

Bestdj777
09-28-2016, 06:27 PM
Here is my attempt at a blown up screenshot.