PDA

View Full Version : Clay Patterson Banner

russyurk
09-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Hey all, looking for a little insight. I've got a buddy that has a Clay-Patterson banner from their 1965 fight and he asked me what type of value something like this may have? He knows I collect but I'm a baseball guy and have no idea. It's large, probably 6'-8' wide and appears to be in very good shape. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

D. Bergin
09-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Neat looking piece. Looks to be from a Closed Circuit showing of the fight. I'd guess it's probably pretty rare but has limited appeal because it's not an on-site piece and doesn't picture the fighters in the graphics.

I'd guess it would fall somewhere around $300-400 bucks.

I could be off though, and some Ali completist might pay more for it if given the chance or involved in a bidding war.

ibuysportsephemera
09-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Neat looking piece. Looks to be from a Closed Circuit showing of the fight. I'd guess it's probably pretty rare but has limited appeal because it's not an on-site piece and doesn't picture the fighters in the graphics.

I'd guess it would fall somewhere around $300-400 bucks.

I could be off though, and some Ali completist might pay more for it if given the chance or involved in a bidding war.

I had started to respond to this thread and got distracted...but I would have said almost the same thing. Glad the expert (Hi Dave)...chimed in and confirmed what I thought.

Jeff

russyurk
09-26-2016, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the insight.