PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want Jackie Robinson or Mickey Mantle's address?

Shoeless Moe
09-24-2016, 03:48 PM
On sale in the BST section, but also wanted to show everyone as this is pretty cool. This is a General Manager's Personal Baseball Year and Note Book from 1953.

Belonged to Cubs GM James Gallagher.

For anyone who collects score books, scrap books, or is a fan of 1952 Baseball this is awesome! If you want to check out which players lived in your city, or state, and do a lil' roadtrip to see where our hero's once called home.

Or if any of you retired and traveling across the country and want to see where Satchel Paige lived, or Honus Wagner, Chief Bender, Mantle, DiMaggio, Williams, Mays, the list goes on and on. It has all of the 1952 players, managers, coaches home addresses, and recently retired players too!

Also lists player stats, compares them position by position against every other player in the league.....would have been great for fantasy baseball in the '50's.

Shoot me a PM if interested. and take a pix in front of Stan Musial's former house! Be curious to see/know which ones are still there. And if the people that live there even know who once lived there too!! Ask to go inside, see what's the attic or basement, ya never know : )

Shoeless Moe
09-25-2016, 06:38 AM
you can just go to Google Maps and check out their houses.

Gil Hodges - 1123 E 32nd St. Brooklyn NY

Shoeless Moe
09-25-2016, 06:48 AM
....and no mention of Roy in the listing : )

slidekellyslide
09-25-2016, 08:25 AM
My inlaws live only a block away from the house that Bobby Shantz lived in at 2824 Vine. I already knew he lived there as I have an article from the Lincoln newspaper from around 1950 which actually gave his address out. I often drive by there and wonder if the people who live there now know they are living in the same house as a major league MVP, Gold Glove winner, and World Series champion.