PDA

View Full Version : Braves Pennant Help

bravos4evr
09-17-2016, 09:22 AM
I am almost afraid to ask (in case it was rare and valuable) but I used to own an old commemorative pennant for Aaron tying the Babe's HR record. I recall it as being red with white writing (but may have been the reverse) and what made it cool was it featured a large B&W photo on the pennant as well.

I got it at a flea market for a few bucks but it got submerged and ruined in Katrina so I chucked it out.

so any info? value? rarity? (I'd love to replace it)

tried googling, never could find it (but sometimes my Google-Fu is not so good)

Duluth Eskimo
09-17-2016, 01:34 PM
You could find another if you really wanted it. If it the one I am thinking, probably $30 - 40 in nice shape. Most of the Aaron HR memorabilia was mass produced.

bravos4evr
09-17-2016, 02:34 PM
You could find another if you really wanted it. If it the one I am thinking, probably $30 - 40 in nice shape. Most of the Aaron HR memorabilia was mass produced.

that's what I was hoping, just would like to see one again so I know precisely what to set ebay up to look for!

FourStrikes
09-17-2016, 02:55 PM
that's what I was hoping, just would like to see one again so I know precisely what to set ebay up to look for!

did a google image search for "Aaron pennant ebay" and a few different versions popped up...

best of luck in finding the one you're looking for.

bravos4evr
09-17-2016, 03:14 PM
did a google image search for "Aaron pennant ebay" and a few different versions popped up...

best of luck in finding the one you're looking for.

yeah, there are a ton of em, but this one in particular was unique because of the attached 8x10 (maybe a bit smaller) B&W photo. I saw another one a year or so after I acquired the first one, but none sense I lost it (of course)

ooo-ribay
09-17-2016, 08:19 PM
this one?

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/ItemImages/000076/76188a_lg.jpeg

bravos4evr
09-18-2016, 09:36 AM
this one?

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/ItemImages/000076/76188a_lg.jpeg

nope, the one I'm looking for celebrated the tying of the record (714) and had an actual B&W glossy photo attached to it (rectangular) from the factory. I think it was an 8x10 too. I have only seen one other, but i didn't think it was that rare. (just because so much stuff was made about that event)