PDA

View Full Version : New E121-80 Type Variation Found

marcdelpercio
09-16-2016, 09:30 PM
I recently picked up the Oscar Vitt shown on the left (card on the right for reference). I noticed that the font on the name and position/team is entirely different than any other card I have seen from this set. Note the name is in a larger type, and the lettering on the position and team is larger and in all caps. I have collected and followed this set for several years and I do not recall ever seeing another such example on any card. The backs are both identical common Type 1. Has anybody seen any other similar examples? This set, probably more than any other that has ever been released, seems to be endlessly full of new surprises and discoveries!

sreader3
09-16-2016, 09:38 PM
Very cool. Have not seen that font on an E120. Thanks for sharing.

EDITED TO ADD: E121 I mean. Oops!

rhettyeakley
09-17-2016, 01:15 AM
Nice New Addition to the master checklist. I had seen an example of the Vitt with the All Block Team lettering with a Witmor Candy back and had suspected it may show up with an American Caramel back but now it is confirmed. If you ever find another I'd be pretty interested.

-Rhett Yeakley

edhans
09-17-2016, 06:47 AM
Nice find, Marc.

Leon
09-19-2016, 03:52 PM
That reminds me of some of the M101-4/5 backs. In particular there are at least 4 different kinds of backs/fonts used for the Everybody's cards...Congrats on the find, It's always fun to find something relatively unknown.

I recently picked up the Oscar Vitt shown on the left (card on the right for reference). I noticed that the font on the name and position/team is entirely different than any other card I have seen from this set. Note the name is in a larger type, and the lettering on the position and team is larger and in all caps. I have collected and followed this set for several years and I do not recall ever seeing another such example on any card. The backs are both identical common Type 1. Has anybody seen any other similar examples? This set, probably more than any other that has ever been released, seems to be endlessly full of new surprises and discoveries!