PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding Appraisal for Yankee Ticket Booth

Ronnoco
09-15-2016, 07:11 PM
Hello everyone.

The owner has decided not to restore the ticket booth. He is now leaning toward donating it and is asking for an appraisal.

Who might legitimately appraise something like this?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=226770

I'm also interested in any opinions about finding the best destination for the booth. There's already one in Cooperstown and another at the Smithsonian.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

vintagesportscollector
09-15-2016, 07:19 PM
I thought you were the owner? How about back at Yankee Stadium as a destination.

RichardSimon
09-15-2016, 07:41 PM
An appraisal has to come from a hobby auctioneer like Josh Evans.
Finding an appraiser, for an item inside the hobby, who appraises items and is outside of this hobby IMHO is worthless. They do not have the knowledge of this hobby like a real hobby auctioneer. I have had many items offered to me that were "appraised" at some figure which is 2 or 3 times what it would really sell for.

Ronnoco
09-15-2016, 07:55 PM
I thought you were the owner? How about back at Yankee Stadium as a destination.

I was hired to restore it and write its history. Never claimed to own it

Ronnoco
09-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Finding an appraiser, for an item inside the hobby, who appraises items and is outside of this hobby IMHO is worthless. They do not have the knowledge of this hobby like a real hobby auctioneer. I have had many items offered to me that were "appraised" at some figure which is 2 or 3 times what it would really sell for.

Agreed, Richard. The item is just so odd that I'm not sure who that expert inside the hobby might be.

Head928
09-17-2016, 08:22 PM

No, an appraisal form a certified appraiser is not worthless especially when you will be using it for tax and or insurance purposes. Getting it appraised at the lowest possible value is not a recommendation.

btcarfagno
09-18-2016, 05:25 AM
No, an appraisal form a certified appraiser is not worthless especially when you will be using it for tax and or insurance purposes. Getting it appraised at the lowest possible value is not a recommendation.

Yeah this. If anyone has ever seen a jewelry appraisal it is the same idea.

Tom C

Leon
09-18-2016, 06:24 AM
That is good news about not restoring, imo. It is definitely debatable on this piece though. As for appraisal, I say it's about $10k. And I really have no earthly idea, as most won't, but that sounds like a good guess to me :)

I too would ask Josh Evans of Lelands. He has seen as much memorabilia stuff as almost anyone. If you need help with that PM me.....I can probably help you get in touch with him if you want.

And David, you were much cuter as a snotty nosed little kid!!! Great, great picture my friend.

Hello everyone.

The owner has decided not to restore the ticket booth. He is now leaning toward donating it and is asking for an appraisal.

Who might legitimately appraise something like this?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=226770

I'm also interested in any opinions about finding the best destination for the booth. There's already one in Cooperstown and another at the Smithsonian.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!