PDA

View Full Version : Hand cutting 60's bazooka and 70's hostess

bswhiten
09-14-2016, 11:13 AM
What do you guys consider the best method for hand cutting single cards and panels? I have used xacto and metal straight edge, but I seem to always get graded 8's and none higher.
Someone said paper cutter in a post I remember reading? Recommended model/brand? Thanks.

bnorth
09-14-2016, 11:24 AM
I have a friend that owns a framing gallery and he lets me use his old matting cutter. With a new blade it is by far the best thing I have used. Cut up many sheets on it.

A guillotine type paper cutter works well on small stuff like panels and box bottoms. Just don't buy a cheap one because you will get what you pay for.

Zach Wheat
09-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Agree with Ben....a matting cutter is the best way to handcut cards. And get square cuts too...

quitcrab
09-14-2016, 01:49 PM
Roto trim ! Cuts like butter ! I am looking for Bazooka panels and boxes if you have any for sale? Thanks Scott

bswhiten
09-17-2016, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys! Never heard of the root trim but will check it out.

Manny Trillo
09-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Why would you cut these? Arent they worth a lot more uncut?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Zach Wheat
09-24-2016, 07:38 AM
To get graded.....generally. The boxes need to be cut down into panels of manageable size or cut the cards into individual cards that can be graded as a single card. There are some sheets out there floating around for '75 Hostess....cutting the larger sheet is the only want to get them into a gradeable form.

Personally, I like them uncut....

Z