PDA

View Full Version : Grading Question: Crack bvg or keep them as is

Thekid1
09-13-2016, 09:13 PM
I have some BVG graded cards I am thinking about sending to PSA. My question is should I Crack them or send them in with BVG graded? Anybody have any direct experience with this?

DBesse27
09-13-2016, 09:33 PM
You'll have better luck cracking and subbing rather than sending as a review.

jb67
09-13-2016, 10:19 PM
I would crack and submit as you would have a much better chance. Having said that you have to be honest when assessing a BVG card. I have cracked some and expected them to come back a grade lower as they did not meet the standard in my opinion. I have also cracked some that I thought did and they have crossed over.

Also keep in mind that BVG will grade sheet cut cards that PSA will deem trimmed. So do your homework before cracking and sending in. Best of luck.

KCRfan1
09-14-2016, 05:48 AM
Do you have a picture you can provide us with on what you plan to send? That will help us give you an assessment as well!

Good Luck with any submission crossovers!

Thekid1
09-14-2016, 06:45 AM
I have a bunch. Clemente rc alcindor rc Jackson rc Yaz rc on and on. Thanks for offering but the time to upload them all would be signifcant.

I am really wondering if anyone has sent them to PSA in the bvg cases. I talked with psa yesterday and they were fine with it but don't know if it works against. I have brought Beckett psa holders before and it seems pretty standard psa 10 is a bgs 9.5

vintagetoppsguy
09-14-2016, 06:57 AM
If it were me, given the higher dollar value of the cards, I would try to cross them over in their BVG slabs before cracking them out.

Thekid1
09-14-2016, 07:12 AM
If it were me, given the higher dollar value of the cards, I would try to cross them over in their BVG slabs before cracking them out.
Thanks for the feedback.

JustinD
09-14-2016, 07:37 AM
The PSA folks would deem it blasphemous, but I would leave them unless you plan on selling. The Beckett slabs are just so much better.

However, if you have to, I agree with cracking them. PSA in my opinion will down grade them to spite you for having a beckett card out of ego. It's the most subjective grading out there and a basic coin flip in lower grades between a 2 and 4.