PDA

View Full Version : PSA (MK) Qualifier

STL1944
09-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Hi All,

I just got my first batch of cards back from PSA and I have a question that you all might be able to help me with. One of the cards came back with a MK qualifier on it. In looking at the card through a loupe, the only thing I can see is what appears to be a faint blue printing line at the lower right edge of the front of the card (see below).

Is this common? I thought MK was for ink marks as in someone writing on the card with a pen. Do I crack it out and get it regarded?

Here is a picture of the card: (note: What looks to be an "H" next to "Billy" on the back of the card is an artifact of my scanner)

swarmee
09-08-2016, 05:05 AM
Scan isn't really good enough to tell. Probably crack and re-grade.

vintagetoppsguy
09-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Do not crack out and re-grade. That is bad advice. Whether the blue mark is a man-made mark or a printer mark, either way you're going to get a qualifier. It's either gonna be MK or PD (Print Defect). Does it really matter which one?

swarmee
09-08-2016, 03:09 PM
I can barely see it; at grades 6 and below, some print defects are possible without getting a PD qualifier. So a 4 with slight PD wouldn't warrant a PD qualifier either.

CW
09-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Jim, one way to get a mysterious MK qualifier is if the card originally had a pencil mark and it was later erased. Maybe check the reverse to see if any evidence of an erasure exists? Just a possibility...