PDA

View Full Version : Joe Louis Autograph

unclefester
09-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi guys...brand new here...nice to be with you...

I've been approached by a gentleman who has a Joe Louis autograph. It was signed in Las Vegas as Joe was working at Caesars Palace on the back of a coupon book.

There's no paper work with the autograph but from the examples I've seen I believe he has a genuine signature of the "Brown Bomber."

He'd like to sell it and I'm asking what is his best route to do so particularly with no documentation ??

Thanks for your help !!

irv
09-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Hi guys...brand new here...nice to be with you...

I've been approached by a gentleman who has a Joe Louis autograph. It was signed in Las Vegas as Joe was working at Caesars Palace on the back of a coupon book.

There's no paper work with the autograph but from the examples I've seen I believe he has a genuine signature of the "Brown Bomber."

He'd like to sell it and I'm asking what is his best route to do so particularly with no documentation ??

Thanks for your help !!

Imo, I'd say you need to submit/authenticate it before hoping to make any "decent" money on it.

Good Luck.

Lordstan
09-07-2016, 07:22 PM
First thing I would do is post it in the autograph forum for people to view and offer their opinion on it. There are many people here who are better at opining on auto than any TPA.
I disagree with Dale in that, if the consensus is that it is real, you might very well get offers from members here that would be very strong if it a nice item. Most here are not scared off of items not having paperwork, so it could be a very easy deal for your friend.

irv
09-08-2016, 03:33 PM
First thing I would do is post it in the autograph forum for people to view and offer their opinion on it. There are many people here who are better at opining on auto than any TPA.
I disagree with Dale in that, if the consensus is that it is real, you might very well get offers from members here that would be very strong if it a nice item. Most here are not scared off of items not having paperwork, so it could be a very easy deal for your friend.

You're right, Mark. I guess because it is a non baseball player, I assumed, and didn't even think about anyone here being able to authenticate it. :o

RichardSimon
09-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Post a picture of it in the autograph forum.

RichardSimon
09-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Imo, I'd say you need to submit/authenticate it before hoping to make any "decent" money on it.

Good Luck.

Dale,
No way is that correct.
Jim Stinson, Bill Corcoran, myself and many others make a good living selling autographs and none of us would even dream of using a TPA.

irv
09-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Dale,
No way is that correct.
Jim Stinson, Bill Corcoran, myself and many others make a good living selling autographs and none of us would even dream of using a TPA.

I don't follow autographs, Richard, so I wasn't aware there were so many people on here who would have no trouble verifying the OP's piece.

Lesson learned on my part, and sorry for my ignorance.

Hopefully the OP posts a pic of it.