PDA

View Full Version : 1933 Goudey Gehrig Question

vintagetoppsguy
09-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Look at this auction. Read the title (subtitle) and then look at the scan. Do you see the same thing I do? How do I see it from the scan, but the seller doesn't see it in hand?

Do you email the seller and point it out assuming it was just an honest mistake, or do you just leave it alone? After all, whether it was an honest mistake or not, its still misrepresented.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Goudey-92-LOU-GEHRIG-SGC-1-5-/131931196007?hash=item1eb7b64a67:g:l-EAAOSwFdtXz167

brob28
09-07-2016, 01:22 PM
David, that's not a crease, that's a wrinkle :o

Aquarian Sports Cards
09-07-2016, 05:44 PM
I had already messaged him, he claims he didn't see it! (it is not even a wrinkle as you can see it on the back as well) But he's going to "look again"...

Aquarian Sports Cards
09-07-2016, 05:56 PM
His 2nd response:

My mistake..I have a 1933 goudey babe ruth psa 3 with no creases.. I mixed them up..I've added a note to description stated there are a couple creases.. Hey thanks for catching that..I do not wish to deceive anybody

vintagebaseballcardguy
09-07-2016, 06:04 PM
David, I recently questioned a seller over a Mantle I saw on ebay. There was (is) something going on with the card. Not sure if it was a scratch, crease, wrinkle, or what?? If it was scratch, I was asking if it was on the slab or the card. Anyway, I went back and forth with this guy a few times. His conclusion was that I just had better eyes than he did. Whatever there was on that card, it was easy to see...I mean obvious!. I just moved on.

vintagetoppsguy
09-07-2016, 08:31 PM
I was actually thinking about bidling on the Gehrig, but it's really not fair to me or other bidders that he didn't disclose the crease (whether he saw it or not). Let me explain. If I bid on that card, I'm going to factor in the crease and bid accordingly. Someone else who might not see the crease might bid more simply because he thinks it's crease free. The result is that I didn't get a card that a bid a fair amount for, and the winning bidder gets a card that he feels was misrepresented and probably thinks he paid too much for. If the seller changes the title, I'll probably bid.

Aquarian Sports Cards
09-07-2016, 09:14 PM
He's not revising the listing, he did add a mention of the crease at the bottom of the listing.

Leon
09-11-2016, 12:34 PM
He's not revising the listing, he did add a mention of the crease at the bottom of the listing.
Sounds like all systems are a go!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Goudey-92-LOU-GEHRIG-SGC-1-5-/131931196007?hash=item1eb7b64a67:g:l-EAAOSwFdtXz167&rmvSB=true

JustinD
09-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Generous 1.5 from SGC ...

Neal
09-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Generous 1.5 from SGC ...

I think it is graded properly .... and the image is very nice.

Solid card imo

JustinD
09-13-2016, 09:38 AM
I think it is graded properly .... and the image is very nice.

Solid card imo

That pin hole just above the hands on the bat that goes to the other side should have gave it a 10 (1) IMO.

Gobucsmagic74
09-13-2016, 09:51 AM
I was actually thinking about bidling on the Gehrig, but it's really not fair to me or other bidders that he didn't disclose the crease (whether he saw it or not). Let me explain. If I bid on that card, I'm going to factor in the crease and bid accordingly. Someone else who might not see the crease might bid more simply because he thinks it's crease free. The result is that I didn't get a card that a bid a fair amount for, and the winning bidder gets a card that he feels was misrepresented and probably thinks he paid too much for. If the seller changes the title, I'll probably bid.

One would have to be near blind not to notice the creases.