PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth Baseball Game piece

Ribbens
09-05-2016, 06:47 PM
I picked up an item that I would like some input on. This is a wood display piece promoting/advertising Babe Ruth's Baseball Game. It measures 4" x 6-3/4" it is 1/2" thick with a stand. Not sure if it an advertising piece that would have been set in front of the display case where the game was sold or something else. Any help on this one ?

khkco4bls
09-05-2016, 07:37 PM
I would say likely not real.

1880nonsports
09-05-2016, 10:00 PM
what he said

Butch7999
09-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Can't definitively, absolutely, 100% rule out that it's what you think it might be, but we can say that in almost thirty years
of specializing in and researching tabletop sports games and related ephemera, we've never seen anything remotely like it,
and we'd add that it seems awfully small to serve as an advertising display, and that the wear and aging seem odd
if that's what it actually was.

Leon
09-06-2016, 07:02 AM
I would say likely not real.

Agree. It looks like a small reprint of a board game box which I have seen a few times. Many times fakes and reprints are not close to the original size. They are much smaller.
I traveled for an hour to do a deal one time for a Darby Chocolate box with 2 baseball cards on it. It should have been around 8" x 12".... When I got to the guy to do the deal he had it in the palm of his hand :). It was the itty bitty variety (not). Fortunately I brought a real card with me and my card was twice as big as his whole box it should have come on.

Shoeless Moe
09-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Did you pick it up in Ohio or Indiana?

Ribbens
09-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Thanks for everyones input on this post, agreed it is a poorly done art piece/ fantasy item. Appreciate the input here.