PDA

View Full Version : BIG TIME reward offered to anyone that can help me locate this jersey!

Wolverine
09-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,

I'm a new guy here to the forum. I actually came here to see if you guys could help me out with my hunt for a monstrous item I've been searching 5+ years for. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section for this; I didn't know if it was B/S/T worthy because this is more of a "bounty" since I'm offering such a substantial reward to anyone that can help. Now on to the good stuff....

I am offering a four figure reward to anyone that can help me locate and complete a deal for this 1984 Michael Jordan game worn jersey that sold through Grey Flannel several years ago:

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/lot-20588.aspx

If you can lead me to the current owner and help me complete this deal, I will make sure we both walk away very satisfied.

Why is this jersey so important to me? Well believe it or not, I recently found out that this exact jersey was owned by my father at one point in the 80's. To make a long story short, my father walked out on my family when I was a teenager and I just recently reconnected with him a few years ago. We got to talking about his days living in Chicago in the 80's and I found out that he used to have an absolutely amazing MJ collection long before collecting MJ was the "cool" (and crazy expensive) thing to do. He eventually fell on hard times and was forced to sell it all off. This jersey was the centerpiece of that collection. I would absolutely love to find out who the current owner is and put together a beautiful package for them (whether it be money, a trade, or both) so that I can get this jersey back in my family.

Again, a four figure reward will be given to the person that helps me complete a deal for this MJ jersey. And no I'm not going to be an ass and make it a bare minimum $1,000 reward. Depending on how much you are able to help out, I will make sure the reward is more than fair and is enough to buy yourself a new collection piece! I can pay the reward in cash, bank transfer, Paypal... whatever you want. My one and only goal is to find this jersey and bring it home. I will do whatever I can to make this happen.

If you have any leads on this jersey, please feel free to contact me at: sofianos997@gmail.com

Thanks for reading guys and let the hunt begin!

Ryan Sofianos

Stonepony
09-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Good luck with your quest! Keep us updated.

irv
09-05-2016, 11:47 AM

X2. Hope you are able to locate it.

ooo-ribay
09-05-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm sure Grey Flannel wouldn't out and out give you the buyer's name, but they might pass along a message for you.

Or are they one of the ones doing prison time? :p

Wolverine
09-09-2016, 05:36 PM

X2. Hope you are able to locate it.

Thank you fellas! Will definitely keep you posted.

I'm sure Grey Flannel wouldn't out and out give you the buyer's name, but they might pass along a message for you.

Or are they one of the ones doing prison time? :p

Unfortunately I already tried this and never received a response. I explained that I wasn't expecting them to give me any of the buyer's personal information whatsoever, and was simply hoping they could pass an offer along to the buyer on my behalf. No such luck :(

Duluth Eskimo
09-09-2016, 08:04 PM
They were probably too busy looking in the mirror telling themselves how great an auctioneer and memorabilia sellers they are. They good enough, they're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like them.