PDA

View Full Version : E90-1 Cards with Registration Marks

rgpete
08-28-2016, 11:36 AM
I noticed two other cards on Ebay Donnie Bush #131900885589 and Ira Thomas #112091013859 with faint registration marks on top similar to this Chance scan. The similarities seem to be a smaller bottom border and a possible shorter length. Can this be a size variation.

Leon
08-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Caramel cards have some variances more than most others

rgpete
08-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Caramel cards have some variances more than most others

Thanks for your reply Leon

The majority have a larger gap between the name and the bottom edge without the registration marks and not being trimmed, but the cards having the said mark , have a smaller gap between the name and bottom edge, is what I noticed , maybe being a size difference because of that. Its only a couple cards out of thousands, would need more cards with the registration marks to confirm

Leon
08-28-2016, 02:41 PM
It's an interesting observation but I am not sure the marks have to do with the size of that space at bottom. I think I have seen the marks on all sizes of caramels (even at bottom)....would need to do some research to conclude it...
I sort of hate to show this one for the one million and twenty second time, but has registration marks and pretty big borders especially at bottom, if this is what you are alluding to?

Thanks for your reply Leon

The majority have a larger gap between the name and the bottom edge without the registration marks and not being trimmed, but the cards having the said mark , have a smaller gap between the name and bottom edge, is what I noticed , maybe being a size difference because of that. Its only a couple cards out of thousands, would need more cards with the registration marks to confirm

http://luckeycards.com/pe901youngpsa2a.jpg

rgpete
08-28-2016, 03:18 PM
It's an interesting observation but I am not sure the marks have to do with the size of that space at bottom. I think I have seen the marks on all sizes of caramels (even at bottom)....would need to do some research to conclude it...
I sort of hate to show this one for the one million and twenty second time, but has registration marks and pretty big borders especially at bottom, if this is what you are alluding to?

http://luckeycards.com/pe901youngpsa2a.jpg

Yes, just the cards with the top registration mark and I'm aware of the bottom marks, and why hate to show your cards

gnaz01
08-28-2016, 03:32 PM
and why hate to show your cards

Because we are ALL jealous of this card :D It's amazing!!!

rgpete
08-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Because we are ALL jealous of this card :D It's amazing!!!

Not me

Leon
08-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Not me

I have shown it way too often. I need to get another card .....:o

btw, I believe this one has a top, tiny registration mark but neither one on the card bothers me. I actually kind of like them!!