PDA

View Full Version : T205 John Pfiester back type rarity

kmac32
08-27-2016, 06:23 PM
I have been collecting T205 Cubs with their various back types since the beginning of the year and noticed on my list that I have only the black sweet caporal factory 42 type out of 6 or 7 backs types available. Have done various serches for what seems should be a fairly common cards and have found only the black sweet caporal 42 back types available. Have seen occasional reference to different back types of this card but none available. Would anyone know the reason for the relative scarceness of the different back types of Mr. pfiester's card?

EvilKing00
08-27-2016, 07:58 PM
I believe i have a SC 25 according to my master list but i will double check the actual card

Econteachert205
08-28-2016, 01:40 PM
The one in my set is a polar bear.

brianp-beme
08-28-2016, 02:29 PM
My example is the seemingly commonplace Sweet Caporal black factory 42.

The list I have indicates that there should be 8 different backs:

The first four were on the original T205Resource list

Hindu
Honest Long Cut
Sweet Caporal black factory 42
Sweet Caporal red

The second four were added later by longtime T205 observer and expert Joshua L.

Piedmont factory 25
Polar Bear
Sovereign
Sweet Caporal black factory 25

The Pfeister card seems to follow the distribution pattern of other known subjects that are known to have Hindu backs issued, such as Ames, Bescher, Devore, Dickson, Egan, Engle, Gaspar, Jacklitsch, Johnson. Lennox etc.

I would assume some backs in this print group would be tough, as there were many checklist additions that were made by Joshua, which probably indicates their relative scarcity. Good luck finding some additional backs for your master set.

Brian

asoriano
08-28-2016, 02:41 PM
SC Black 25
Piedmont 25

tschock
08-28-2016, 03:35 PM
Ken, I have one. An HLC.

kmac32
08-28-2016, 04:09 PM
My example is the seemingly commonplace Sweet Caporal black factory 42.

The list I have indicates that there should be 8 different backs:

The first four were on the original T205Resource list

Hindu
Honest Long Cut
Sweet Caporal black factory 42
Sweet Caporal red

The second four were added later by longtime T205 observer and expert Joshua L.

Piedmont factory 25
Polar Bear
Sovereign
Sweet Caporal black factory 25

The Pfeister card seems to follow the distribution pattern of other known subjects that are known to have Hindu backs issued, such as Ames, Bescher, Devore, Dickson, Egan, Engle, Gaspar, Jacklitsch, Johnson. Lennox etc.

I would assume some backs in this print group would be tough, as there were many checklist additions that were made by Joshua, which probably indicates their relative scarcity. Good luck finding some additional backs for your master set.

Brian

Mine is SC42 and all the ones on ebay are SC42. Maybe your theory on the Hindu types being related is true? :-)

brianp-beme
08-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Ken, Kling is another Cub player that is known with the Hindu back and should be available with the same 8 reverses as Pfeister. Would be curious if you have had any luck tracking down the various Kling backs.

I have both the Sweet Caporal black factory 42 and Honest Long Cut for Kling.

kmac32
08-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Ken, Kling is another Cub player that is known with the Hindu back and should be available with the same 8 reverses as Pfeister. Would be curious if you have had any luck tracking down the various Kling backs.

I have both the Sweet Caporal black factory 42 and Honest Long Cut for Kling.

Possibilities match up exactly as far as backs. However with that said, Kling appears to be much more available. In Kling, I have Honest Long Cut, Piedmont 25, Polar Bear, Sovereign, SC25black, SC42 black, and SCred. I only have Pfiester in SC42 Black.

Seems to be a general lack of availability of Pfiester back examples as far as the numbers go.

Eggoman
08-29-2016, 06:34 AM
I only have an SC red.