PDA

View Full Version : Question...Anyone else notice eBay searches recently garner 1000's of useless listing

CarltonHendricks
08-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Has anyone else noticed ebay searches just recently started displaying thousands of useless listings...I'm still trying to figure it out but even using the advanced search format seems to get way more listings...and tons more that are seemingly unrelated...

bnorth
08-27-2016, 05:25 PM
I noticed it earlier today. I was searching for "Wade Boggs blank back" cards. I also got several unrelated Boggs cards and several blank backs that where not Boggs cards.:confused:

thetruthisoutthere
08-27-2016, 05:40 PM
Yep.

ooo-ribay
08-27-2016, 06:20 PM
I did get an email today that a search that has no actual matches suddenly had like 3000. Besides that, 99% of my searches are a waste of time. The 1% keeps me coming back.

Scott Garner
08-27-2016, 06:30 PM
It's been going on for 3-4 days now. A friend of mine contacted eBay today and they anticipate this being fixed within 72 hours?? :rolleyes:

While on the topic of eBay, one additional bitch:
Is anyone else getting tired of the multi screen banner ads that take forever to load on each page?
They're driving me f***ing nuts! :(

CarltonHendricks
08-27-2016, 07:59 PM
It's been going on for 3-4 days now. A friend of mine contacted eBay today and they anticipate this being fixed within 72 hours?? :rolleyes:

Is anyone else getting tired of the multi screen banner ads that take forever to load on each page?

Thanks....That's a relief they aren't trying something new!!

slidekellyslide
08-27-2016, 09:34 PM

I use chrome for my browser and have ad blocker installed. I don't see any banner ads.

Scott Garner
08-28-2016, 04:15 AM
I use chrome for my browser and have ad blocker installed. I don't see any banner ads.

Hi Dan,
I've got to convert to Chrome immediately. Thanks for the tip!

Jim65
08-28-2016, 04:42 AM
Its a huge pain in the ass. I got an email saying there were 10 new listings for game used NJ Generals jerseys when it was really scheds and pennants. :(

icollectDCsports
08-28-2016, 06:54 AM
I really miss the ability to capture items based on various endings of a search term using an asterisk. Such as 192* covering all of the 1920s. Sure, I can type it all out and save searches but its fun to experiment with new searches without having to do so.

slidekellyslide
08-28-2016, 07:44 AM
I really miss the ability to capture items based on various endings of a search term using an asterisk. Such as 192* covering all of the 1920s. Sure, I can type it all out and save searches but its fun to experiment with new searches without having to do so.

I don't understand why ebay did away with that. What purpose did it serve to get rid of searching with an asterisk? Why make it harder or more tedious on your customers?

RichardSimon
08-28-2016, 07:58 AM
I don't understand why ebay did away with that. What purpose did it serve to get rid of searching with an asterisk? Why make it harder or more tedious on your customers?

Ebay's only purpose is to squeeze another $ out of everyone. Somehow, somebody on ebay thinks this will squeeze another $ out of collectors.

Baseba11
08-28-2016, 09:55 AM
I was having that problem. Now I use Firefox and open up a "private window", do an ebay search, and it works normally.

bnorth
08-29-2016, 04:41 AM

Dan I want to thank you kindly for posting. I was have problems since I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Switched browser to Chrome and now everything is working great again.:)