PDA

View Full Version : 1920s? International Newsreel Babe Ruth (Baseball Star) Pencil Tablet

Leon
08-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Picked this up at the local show today which I set up at. I spent more than I sold :( .... It is only the front cover and approximately 8 x 11. I doubt it could be classified as a card but hey, maybe with some fancy journalism? Back to reality, I understand there might have been one like it at the National and a full tablet. I don't remember seeing one of Ruth before today. (I could have forgotten as I do occasionally)

drcy
08-26-2016, 11:48 PM
I assume International Newsreal didn't produce it and that that's just the credit for the Ruth picture.

Leon
08-27-2016, 05:55 AM
I assume International Newsreal didn't produce it and that that's just the credit for the Ruth picture.

Yes. They were the photographer. I have had some similar design covers but never saw a Ruth (again, might have but don't remember it). At first I thought it was the picture from an R315 baseball card, but while it is almost the same, it isn't exact.

JoeMoe
08-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Nice piece! I almost pulled the trigger on that at the White Plains NY show last weekend. I ended up buying a couple of Ruth uniform patch cards from RC. Great guy!