PDA

View Full Version : Serious Program Question

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
08-26-2016, 03:08 PM
So I have been acquiring some Brooklyn Dodger Programs quickly! Anyways, I am trying to figure out the method to the madness on dating programs that are unscored. I have narrowed down to a method of matching lineups to the series prior to the series of which my program is which is usually the identical lineup to the first game of the series my program is (If that even makes sense) haha. Anyways... my question is, after the printing of this program for say a home stand game 1, did they usually keep the same card throughout the whole series, or print a new one for game 2 with the lineup from game 1 in it? I have no back to back programs of dodger games so it's hard for me to tell if this is the case. Anyone know anything or have any additional tips to dating programs that are unscored?

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
08-27-2016, 05:01 AM
Is there anyone here very very good with the programs?

doug.goodman
08-29-2016, 05:54 PM
I only collect scored programs, so determining the exact date is easy to do using the Retrosheet website.

As for unscored programs, using the Retrosheet website, particularly the transactions for each of the teams listed, can usually narrow it down to a series, or two, that the teams played.

I tend to believe that they used the same scorecards for each series.

Even the Cubs & Cards, who have been know to date theirs, used the same lineup for the entire series (usually, I think).

I can't prove my assumptions, and am happy to be shown to be wrong, my opinions are based on info obtained while dating my scored collection.

Doug

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
08-30-2016, 02:00 PM
Yea it's tough. The cubs and cardinals are definitely the easiest from what I am seeing. Anyone else with input would be greatly appreciated.