PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

TanksAndSpartans
08-26-2016, 10:05 AM
I致e enjoyed my time here, but I talked to Leon earlier and we had a good talk - he was nothing but encouraging towards me to stick around, but I just decided its not for me. I'm not a confrontational person so a community where my posts are replied to and turned into confrontations just isn't my idea of fun.

I知 not going to delete the account, so feel free to pm me as those go to my email and I値l reply.

This also goes for Mr. Casterline - feel free to pm and I値l be glad to continue our discussion by phone or email.

Thanks to everyone.

John

brian1961
08-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Goodbye, John. I'm sorry you're saying, "s'long". I feel our nation is in an uproar, and a lot of people are nervous and upset, and for good reason. Leon does not allow this board to degenerate into political wranglings, and for good reason. My point is that the foul mood of a lot of board members leeches out into their hobby thoughts and forum writing.

That said, please reconsider. Stay away from the threads that say "hostile situation" to you. I do not know you, nor know of any thread responses you wrote, and obviously have no idea if you were innocently responding, or deep down trying to push peoples' AGITATE buttons. Believe me, I'm not accusing you, for only you know your motives. I think it's good to chime in and initiate happy threads or sincere questions. There's ALWAYS going to be people who derive happiness from making other people unhappy, uncomfortable, embarrassed, and belittled. What they cannot avoid seeing and thinking as they see themselves in the mirror.

Regardless, I wish you the best, John. ---Brian Powell

pariah1107
08-26-2016, 02:02 PM
John, I will miss your very informative posts, and hope you reconsider. You're the type of collector this side of the board really needs. Best of luck with all future endeavors :) - Ty Phelan

robertcasterline
08-26-2016, 03:18 PM
John

I also have enjoyed your posts for some time now.
Reconsider staying. I know the members love to hear your observations and it really helps the hobby. It truly is the reason everyone is here.

I would be honored to arrange a private Hall tour for you and your family. Its a cool experience and my way of putting out the olive branch.
What ever you decide, Best of luck and I am sure our paths will cross again.

Robert Casterline
robertcasterline@aol.com

vintagebaseballcardguy
08-26-2016, 05:00 PM
I致e enjoyed my time here, but I talked to Leon earlier and we had a good talk - he was nothing but encouraging towards me to stick around, but I just decided its not for me. I'm not a confrontational person so a community where my posts are replied to and turned into confrontations just isn't my idea of fun.

I知 not going to delete the account, so feel free to pm me as those go to my email and I値l reply.

This also goes for Mr. Casterline - feel free to pm and I値l be glad to continue our discussion by phone or email.

Thanks to everyone.

John

John, I am a very minor player here who doesn't post much and doesn't really matter, but I really enjoy reading your posts...especially on the football side. I hope you stick around.