PDA

View Full Version : eBay scammer 🚨Alert 🚨

Rookiemonster
08-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Hey just noticed dohe2174 has a ton of reprints for sale listed as original https://www.ebay.com/itm/152217287751

Cozumeleno
08-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Technically, I don't think they're listed as originals. At least he doesn't say that and didn't check the 'Original' box preceding his description. He just gives that impression and did not mark them as reprints.

But point taken - they obviously should be categorized as such.

Rookiemonster
08-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Well he post the years of production as if it was made in the correct year.

Aquarian Sports Cards
08-24-2016, 03:01 PM
not even reprints, counterfeits.

FourStrikes
08-24-2016, 04:06 PM
with *or without* lamination, this (and some others he/she is offering) would make excellent man cave beer coasters - with a SEVERE reduction of the listed price, of course.

just my 2 cents - about what they're worth as "legitimate" cards.

nat
08-24-2016, 06:17 PM
So, for those of us not familiar with 54 Bowman, tell-tale signs? That the cardboard showing through the worn bits is bright white is a source of concern for me, but I admit to ignorance regarding this issue in particular.

FourStrikes
08-24-2016, 07:22 PM
So, for those of us not familiar with 54 Bowman, tell-tale signs? That the cardboard showing through the worn bits is bright white is a source of concern for me, but I admit to ignorance regarding this issue in particular.

NOT being a d!ck (disclaimer: some may disagree with SOME of my posts), but in MY observation - and I'm not a "card guy" - particularly 1950's expert - the seller's feedback# and items offered / description ambiguity = a red flag. the 1954 Bowman Williams is a serious card, and why - WHY? - shouldn't the seller spend a few $$$ to offer peace (piece?) of mind to maximize the dollars on his offering?????

not bad-mouthing YOU, Nat, just offering some constructive - and well-intentioned - advice prior to bidding on these "too good to be true / good faith items...

I personally lack a 1954 Bowman Ted Williams for my complete (w/variations - mine has the Piersall) set, but...I personally wouldn't touch this one due to all of the above mentioned.

JMO, and Happy Collecting!

DS

Cozumeleno
08-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Well he post the years of production as if it was made in the correct year.

Good point.

To me, he specifically did not choose the Original subsection to give him some level of protection. But I agree with you - by saying a card is from a specific year, he opens himself back up again.

drcy
08-25-2016, 12:59 AM
If you list something as a 1954 Bowman (with no mention that is a reprint from years later) it is supposed to be an original Bowman from 1954. Not checking the 'original' box is no excuse or argument.

Rookiemonster
08-26-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm bumping this just in case anyone didn't see this POS .