PDA

View Full Version : Ebates

texmrsport
08-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Ebates is paying 5% on all Ebay purchases instead of usual 1 % in the Sports Memorabilia and Cards section. Free to join, will send money to Paypal or cut a check quarterly.

Shoebox
08-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Do they pay out on Auction winnings or just BINs? If auction winnings is it just a matter of going through the Ebates app to pay for winnings or donbids have to originate through Ebates as well? Thanks in advance for the info.

h2oya311
08-21-2016, 10:38 AM
Love Ebates! If anyone isn't signed up, I'd be happy to get a referral bonus by asking you to join...!!

Anyway, Dustin, all you have to do is go through their website when bidding and/or buying. For auctions, simply place a small bid ($25) and they now have you on the system. Put your gavelsnipe bid of $1,500 and then you get the 5% back on the final sale/bid price.

So easy and so worth it! Combine the Ebates with eBay bucks promotions and you can save lots on purchases! Makes it easier to sell later w/ 10-15% fees when you have those sorts of savings from the Ebates and eBay bucks at the start!

Luke
08-21-2016, 11:03 AM
Derek, are you saying that if you place an early bid, then ebates will recognize your snipe later on the same item? In other words, you have to do this with each item that your are sniping?

I just thought that snipes wouldn't get credit from ebates, but that is great news that there's a way to get it to work.

Shoebox
08-21-2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info Derek!

pawpawdiv9
08-21-2016, 12:48 PM
Love Ebates! If anyone isn't signed up, I'd be happy to get a referral bonus by asking you to join...!!

Anyway, Dustin, all you have to do is go through their website when bidding and/or buying. For auctions, simply place a small bid ($25) and they now have you on the system. Put your gavelsnipe bid of $1,500 and then you get the 5% back on the final sale/bid price.

So easy and so worth it! Combine the Ebates with eBay bucks promotions and you can save lots on purchases! Makes it easier to sell later w/ 10-15% fees when you have those sorts of savings from the Ebates and eBay bucks at the start!

Not signed up, and seems interesting..with a 10$ welcome bonus. Referrals get 60$
I hear about this often now....seems too good to pass up.
So, you have to use the Ebates site, then search for Ebay on their site??
Then shop. And this works for Amazon and other sites on there?? Damn!!! Where have I been, under a rock???
So, if I go directly to Ebay, it wont work?? Am I right?

texmrsport
08-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Correct.
Go to Ebates before you go to Ebay. Start a new "shopping trip". Any auction you place a bid and win or BIN you purchase you get the 5% back in cash. Make sure you go to Ebates before you pay. I'm not sure how long each trip lasts. Most of the time it's 1-2 % for Ebay. Do the same thing for the other stores to get whatever % they are giving. Did quite well at Macy's from my wife at Christmas.
QUOTE=pawpawdiv9;1575067]Not signed up, and seems interesting..with a 10$ welcome bonus. Referrals get 60$
I hear about this often now....seems too good to pass up.
So, you have to use the Ebates site, then search for Ebay on their site??
Then shop. And this works for Amazon and other sites on there?? Damn!!! Where have I been, under a rock???
So, if I go directly to Ebay, it wont work?? Am I right?[/QUOTE]

bravos4evr
08-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Heck, I don't even have to go to their site, I have the ebates button that pops up every time I go to one of their sponsored sites and I just have to confirm my shopping trip is starting and I'm good as long as i don't log out.

pawpawdiv9
08-21-2016, 02:08 PM
I read thru their site and other stuff.
I use Kaspersky for protection...I read I have to enable their cookies as it may cause issues.
That's the only thing I see a problem with.
I also checked on payments and when to expect the check or direct pay to paypal.
Just call me thorough on this new idea. Just not have pushed the button on the idea yet.
edit: I did read about that 'button' thingy as well

TistaT202
08-21-2016, 02:16 PM
what Nick said. Once you sign up install their add-on and a little window will pop up on every site that has an ebates deal. simply click it, shop and pay and you will get whatever % they are offering for that site, which changes. eBay has been giving 5% on sports collectibles and memorabilia for at lest 2 weeks now. can't beat it especially of you also getting bonus ebay bucks.

I have been able to get about $400 worth of free cards over the past year or so just by using eBates on all of my online purchases.

Mike

mrkrab
08-21-2016, 05:48 PM
how long does it take for the rebate to show up your cash back balance?

bravos4evr
08-21-2016, 06:36 PM
how long does it take for the rebate to show up your cash back balance?

depends on the site you go to, but generally I've got mine in less than 24 hours. Pay out is every month i think (but don't hold me to that) and goes right to my paypal

mrkrab
08-21-2016, 06:48 PM
depends on the site you go to, but generally I've got mine in less than 24 hours. Pay out is every month i think (but don't hold me to that) and goes right to my paypal

ok i just bought something and it doesn't show up in my account. just hard to tell if it worked! Patience I guess! Is the 5% just temporary? Thanks!

bravos4evr
08-21-2016, 07:19 PM
ok i just bought something and it doesn't show up in my account. just hard to tell if it worked! Patience I guess! Is the 5% just temporary? Thanks!

the 5% depends on the site, and the promotions ...etc I have been getting around 5% on ebay buying cards lately, but before it was only 3%... but hell, FREE MONEY!

h2oya311
08-21-2016, 10:08 PM

Be patient my friend.

Bored5000
09-14-2016, 04:09 AM
Ebates worked for me on a pretty significant (to me, at least) auction win on Sunday. I put in an early bid, won the auction with a snipe in the closing seconds, and Ebates recognized the snipe.

I was a bit disappointed that it was only one percent cash back, but free money is still free money. When I went through Ebates to put in my original bid, it looked as though a card bought on Ebay was going to be two percent cash back. Like I said, a few dollars is still better than nothing.

Jobu
09-14-2016, 09:48 AM
I started using Ebates this year -- I haven't installed the button as I don't like adding extra stuff to my browser. Instead, I go through the Ebates site to open Ebay (I probably ought to get over it and install the damned button!).

Anyway, it has worked great so far. For snipes you can also open Ebay through Ebates, go to the item, and then use that link to paste into your snipe software. Sometimes you have to actually ask Ebates for your money (not just for snipes --- I keep a list of what should have showed up vs what is actually there and have had to point out that they missed several items) but they have approved every request I have submitted.

I am also happy to take some referral bonuses, so if you want to start you can shoot me a message too!

thecatspajamas
09-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Correct.
Go to Ebates before you go to Ebay. Start a new "shopping trip". Any auction you place a bid and win or BIN you purchase you get the 5% back in cash. Make sure you go to Ebates before you pay. I'm not sure how long each trip lasts. Most of the time it's 1-2 % for Ebay. Do the same thing for the other stores to get whatever % they are giving. Did quite well at Macy's from my wife at Christmas.

Thank you so much for this tip! Once upon a time, the sniping program I used had some kind of backdoor way to accrue cash back through a similar program to ebates, but that went away some time ago, and I figured I could only do it on BIN's or manual bids. I tried your suggestion of the early bid through eBates followed with a last-second snipe though, and it worked! And not just with gavelsnipe, but with my other preferred sniping service as well (tried it with both). It will be nice to get an extra % back on my purchases from here on. Thanks!

jimjim
12-20-2017, 09:45 AM
I just purchased something today through the eBay app but I have not paid for it yet. There is an eBay bucks promotion going on where you get 8% back through the app and 6% back if you purchase through the website. How can I combine the 8% through the app and ebates? I purchased the item on the app after opening an ebates shopping trip, but I'm not sure it actually took. I have not paid yet. If I open another shopping trip and pay through the regular eBay website, will I get the full 8% and ebates cash back? Or should I just do everything through the app and keep my fingers crossed and file a claim if ebates doesn't work? Thanks

PiratesWS1979
12-20-2017, 10:05 AM
I've been able to open the eBay link on Ebates before making a purchase. Then pay for the card using the app for 8%. Works so far!

wdwfan
12-20-2017, 02:20 PM
I just checked mine, and it says up to 2% cash back. So I guess the 5% thing is finished. Also, it says you can shop Kohls, Walmart, etc. Do you have to buy online to get the percentage back? Or can you buy in store and get the percentage back?

jb67
12-20-2017, 02:44 PM
I have the app. and sometimes it is for online shopping only and other times it is for in store. If you go to the website it will let you know what is available.

wdwfan
12-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Thanks. I'll check it out. I won't be using the App. I can't stand Apps and try to stay off my phone as much as possible with the exception of texting and phone calls.

I have the app. and sometimes it is for online shopping only and other times it is for in store. If you go to the website it will let you know what is available.

clydepepper
12-20-2017, 09:27 PM
I no abla apps yet, but 2% helped a little...twice what the 'bay pays...so I'll get 3% -eventually - wow.

toledo_mudhen
12-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Takes up to 3 days to show in your account....